Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

HD Matrix-design Headlight vs Standard Matrix-design

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged155
Very unfortunate that a Prestige SQ7 will have the base lights. Are the turn signals still LED?
Yea, IMO it is…

I don’t know about the signal bulbs. I thought I had read that they were halogen, but that really would not make any sense in an otherwise LED fixture so I have to imagine they are LED.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone waiting for Matrix lights to become available again? On the fence if I should cancel my order and just wait…
Old 03-16-2022, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am waiting. There are many YouTube Videos on them,
I could have got the LED but wanted our SQ7 to be a vehicle that we can travel with. The Matrix will be great for any night driving. So, from a May/June delivery, now it September or _____. But it will be a 2023 model year now.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd_SQ7
I am waiting. There are many YouTube Videos on them, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJi240E_ZA
I could have got the LED but wanted our SQ7 to be a vehicle that we can travel with. The Matrix will be great for any night driving. So, from a May/June delivery, now it September or _____. But it will be a 2023 model year now.
You posted a video of the digital matrix lights, which are an entirely different thing from the Matrix design LEDs and HD Matrix with LaserLight. Digital Matrix is NOT available on the Q7 and never has been.

The Q7 matrix lights are mostly for aesthetics.

Old 03-16-2022, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged155
Anyone waiting for Matrix lights to become available again? On the fence if I should cancel my order and just wait…
I've decided not to wait, this chip shortage could go well into 2023. It definitely sucks to have a Prestige with standard LEDs.. oh well!
Old 03-16-2022, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by willbm3
You posted a video of the digital matrix lights, which are an entirely different thing from the Matrix design LEDs and HD Matrix with LaserLight. Digital Matrix is NOT available on the Q7 and never has been.

The Q7 matrix lights are mostly for aesthetics.
Glad I saw your message. After seeing the video, I thought the same lights come with Q7 and now I don't feel too bad on the lack of Matrix Design Lights on my Prestige.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my Q7 prestige in mid February, and also got credit for headlight.
Its my understanding its only cosmetic difference. The HD matrix has additional functionality, but I was not adding that option anyway.

My dealer told me the matrix headlight problem might spill to 2023 cars, so if you need the car, better not wait.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

For vehicles that come standard with Matrix LED's which have the laser headlamp option, SQ7 in my case, do the lasers replace the matrix LED"s or are they an addition?
I was thinking they were an addition, but my dealer says no, because i have the laser option there are no matrix LED's to enable.
Does that sound right?
That would be a bummer in that i think i would prefer the matrix headlamps that adjust the light around on coming cars instead of switching to low beams.

Old 03-16-2022, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by identityiq
I've decided not to wait, this chip shortage could go well into 2023. It definitely sucks to have a Prestige with standard LEDs.. oh well!
the shortages are absolutely going to 2023
Old 03-16-2022, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
For vehicles that come standard with Matrix LED's which have the laser headlamp option, SQ7 in my case, do the lasers replace the matrix LED"s or are they an addition?
I was thinking they were an addition, but my dealer says no, because i have the laser option there are no matrix LED's to enable.
Does that sound right?
That would be a bummer in that i think i would prefer the matrix headlamps that adjust the light around on coming cars instead of switching to low beams.
Your dealer is incorrect.

The laser lights are in addition to the regular "high beams" (or "full beams" as they're sometimes called in Europe). You cannot forcibly turn them on, but if you have the auto high beams on, and the car decides its acceptable (over a certain speed and away from certain areas, I think?) the car will turn them on in addition to the high beams. If they're on, you'll actually see a small change in the blue "auto high beams illuminated" icon. It's detailed in the manual if you want to see the exact icon.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shammyh:
Bsuermik (04-30-2023), Lucci (03-16-2022)

Quick Reply: HD Matrix-design Headlight vs Standard Matrix-design