Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

help with new build! estimated jan 2017 delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with new build! estimated jan 2017 delivery

Hi everyone - looking at placing order for new q7! So many options makes an INTP like me very hard to make decision...located in Texas!

I'm checking all the boxes except night vision assist...

cold weather, drivers assistance, luxury package, adaptive chassis, B&O(still not 100% on this...I think 40% in favor and 60% keeping BOSE...), towing, rear seat prep.

orca black w/ black interior w/ terra brown walnut wood trim

I see alcantara color is a choice...it comes with luxury package, which I think defaults to lunar silver alcantara color? then they offer free option to have black alcantara color. can anyone provide pics of each? Lunar silver sounds nice in that the cabin will feel 'airy' both with sunshade closed as well as open, while black sounds very nice too and match the rest of the seats/carpet.

i've found online two pics but not aclantara, appears to be standard cloth lunar silver?

1) http://95octane.com/wp-content/uploa...i_q7_suv_7.jpg
2) http://95octane.com/wp-content/uploa...i_q7_suv_8.jpg

Also not sure on the wheels - I don't want it to be uncomfortable, but concerned about about both 20" run-flats all seasons and the 21" summer without spare tire. Our other cars have always had michelin pilot sport AS2 or eagle F1 and those are comfortable, but the rim size was 17" on the sedan IIRC. Our sienna is a comfortable 18" michelin premier AS.
I'd think 21" would be so large to have increased issues with noise of expansion joints and issues with pot holes, and the 20" has the run-flats which I've read have less comfort and more harshness than non-run-flats. But I really have no idea...

Thanks all - excited to place order.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The default color is silver. It was caught at the last minute by a forum member. Alcantara is basically swead. If you want black you have to check the black alcantara box.We went with bose for sound.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dlploh
Hi everyone - looking at placing order for new q7! So many options makes an INTP like me very hard to make decision...located in Texas!

I'm checking all the boxes except night vision assist...

cold weather, drivers assistance, luxury package, adaptive chassis, B&O(still not 100% on this...I think 40% in favor and 60% keeping BOSE...), towing, rear seat prep.

orca black w/ black interior w/ terra brown walnut wood trim

I see alcantara color is a choice...it comes with luxury package, which I think defaults to lunar silver alcantara color? then they offer free option to have black alcantara color. can anyone provide pics of each? Lunar silver sounds nice in that the cabin will feel 'airy' both with sunshade closed as well as open, while black sounds very nice too and match the rest of the seats/carpet.

i've found online two pics but not aclantara, appears to be standard cloth lunar silver?

1) http://95octane.com/wp-content/uploa...i_q7_suv_7.jpg
2) http://95octane.com/wp-content/uploa...i_q7_suv_8.jpg

Also not sure on the wheels - I don't want it to be uncomfortable, but concerned about about both 20" run-flats all seasons and the 21" summer without spare tire. Our other cars have always had michelin pilot sport AS2 or eagle F1 and those are comfortable, but the rim size was 17" on the sedan IIRC. Our sienna is a comfortable 18" michelin premier AS.
I'd think 21" would be so large to have increased issues with noise of expansion joints and issues with pot holes, and the 20" has the run-flats which I've read have less comfort and more harshness than non-run-flats. But I really have no idea...

Thanks all - excited to place order.
I thought about the B&O, but decided Bose was decent enough for me. Did not go for the rear seat prep, as the kids use an iPad with wi-fi. Went for the cold weather package since I'm in the Northeast. I've no concerns about the runflats as I've had BMW and Mercedes with no major concern. I went for prestige package and the cedar brown interior. I chose the black alacantera headliner and the extended leather complements the cabin as well.The alcantera on the door panels are a nice touch reminiscent of the A8. For a change, I went for Tofana White Crystal, instead of my usual black for SUV's. Will snap a picture of the black alcantera liner that is an no cost option for the prestige model in daylight tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LeicaNut
Did not go for the rear seat prep, as the kids use an iPad with wi-fi.
Talking about the rear seat prep - does anybody know if there is an optical difference on the seat-back if you opt for the prep? I'm thinking about getting it just to have the wires in place but since it's very unusual that I will ever use, I'll take it off if the prep comes with any sort of bulky, fixed seat attachment..
Old 09-28-2016, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
Talking about the rear seat prep - does anybody know if there is an optical difference on the seat-back if you opt for the prep? I'm thinking about getting it just to have the wires in place but since it's very unusual that I will ever use, I'll take it off if the prep comes with any sort of bulky, fixed seat attachment..
The configurator shows a picture of it. It's the plastic part on the seat back under the headrest.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the 20 inch runflats with adaptive suspension. I have no problem at all with the ride; very smooth. I'm not sure if it's the bulkier sidewalls or the design of the 20 inch rims, but one bonus: the rims are more recessed than others I've had. That makes it much harder to scuff up the rims if you happen to scape a curb. Nice.

About the only options I didn't get were Luxury and B&O. I kinda wish now I had ordered the Luxury Pkg. Don't miss the B&O at all; Bose is great (but I'm not what you'd consider an audiophile).
Old 09-28-2016, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Snapped a few pictures of black alcantera headliner in my prestige cedar brown interior

Name:  24B7E3D9-C553-40F6-B343-2F3062886D8B_zpsvgt68q6c.jpg
Views: 2440
Size:  147.7 KB
Name:  98DCFEE5-8B44-4424-89EF-3E2DEB349BFC_zpsuwixwcdn.jpg
Views: 3590
Size:  155.7 KB
Name:  5C1CEEC2-E159-48BD-8AEB-C973A3B01095_zpservbg4dy.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  116.6 KB
Old 09-28-2016, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
Just the little indent under the head restraint becomes a flap so the RSE can be inserted. It's worth getting because it will expand your amount of buyers whenever you go to sell it.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Just the little indent under the head restraint becomes a flap so the RSE can be inserted. It's worth getting because it will expand your amount of buyers whenever you go to sell it.
Thanks - that doesn't sound too bad then..
Old 09-28-2016, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP: double check estimated delivery date with our dealer, if you're ordering the Luxury package. I placed order a few weeks ago, and my production date is March 2017, despite the dealer assuring me it would be December / January delivery...

The delay is apparently caused by Luxury package.

Quick Reply: help with new build! estimated jan 2017 delivery