Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Just Placed My Order

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cciesingh
Not bad and a reasonable price..... Even though in California probaly dont need all weather mats

Any thoughts on Luxury Package
My thoughts on luxury package is that if you haven't seen or sat in a Q7 with luxury package before, you'd be perfectly happy with the standard seats/interior because it looks pretty sharp on its own... so stay away from checking out a luxury package-equipped Q7 if you don't want to be enticed to spend an extra $6k.

It's kind of irresistible once you're in one. I ended up being a sucker for it... despite my feeling that it's extremely overpriced for not including a leather dash as well.

Agree that all weather mats are not necessary in California, unless you do a lot of outdoor/offroad activities with your car.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
My thoughts on luxury package is that if you haven't seen or sat in a Q7 with luxury package before, you'd be perfectly happy with the standard seats/interior because it looks pretty sharp on its own... so stay away from checking out a luxury package-equipped Q7 if you don't want to be enticed to spend an extra $6k.

It's kind of irresistible once you're in one. I ended up being a sucker for it... despite my feeling that it's extremely overpriced for not including a leather dash as well.

Agree that all weather mats are not necessary in California, unless you do a lot of outdoor/offroad activities with your car.
I fell for them as well. Damn that thigh extender and massage feature. I actually thought they were slightly more comfortable than the XC90 Inscription seats that everyone loves so much which and they are really comfortable as well (and cheaper).
Old 05-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seriously thinking about adding the Luxury Package, if I do it has to be the Exclusive Cedar Brown going with the Tofana White.....

Not sure about inlays mind you.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Seriously thinking about adding the Luxury Package, if I do it has to be the Exclusive Cedar Brown going with the Tofana White.....

Not sure about inlays mind you.
Cedar brown is awesome! It will certainly go well with Tofana exterior. Only reason I myself didn't go with cedar was because my exterior is argus brown and I thought that would've been too much brown inside and out.

Inlays are a tough call.. they all seem to go well with any of the color schemes Audi has offered up, though if I had gone with cedar I would've probably opted for the gray oak wood so that there wouldn't be a different shade of brown inside next to cedar. I went with all-black leather luxury package so I felt the terra brown walnut inlays worked best.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the advice,

We curently have the regular black and and the terra brown inlay selected.

I guess the options are either keep this or go for the Cedar Brown with Grey Oak wood.

$6 is a lot of money for a seat upgrade, the massagers are not really neccessary but more of a gimmick

Originally Posted by larryV
Cedar brown is awesome! It will certainly go well with Tofana exterior. Only reason I myself didn't go with cedar was because my exterior is argus brown and I thought that would've been too much brown inside and out.

Inlays are a tough call.. they all seem to go well with any of the color schemes Audi has offered up, though if I had gone with cedar I would've probably opted for the gray oak wood so that there wouldn't be a different shade of brown inside next to cedar. I went with all-black leather luxury package so I felt the terra brown walnut inlays worked best.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree, the massage function is more gimmick and after trying it out on a test drive, it doesn't really massage all that well even at the highest settings.

I went with the luxury package mainly for the adjustable side and thigh bolsters and overall extra comfort on the seats, and I also really like the look and feel of alcantara headliner and door panels. The automatic soft-close doors that comes with the luxury package is nice too, and particularly useful since the interior seal in the new Q7 is so tight that it can actually be tough for some passengers (especially kids) to close a door properly when all the other doors are shut without having to strongly slam it shut. I know there was thread on these forums a few weeks ago complaining about this very issue.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:01 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Not bad and a reasonable price..... Even though in California probaly dont need all weather mats

Any thoughts on Luxury Package
Our dealer threw in the all weather mats for no charge. The other bonuses that he "gave" us were wheel locks, touch up paint, and window tint. If you can get the Audi floor mats for free, take them and if they wear out then you can buy the weather tech ones. I agree with cold weather. We bought it for resale reasons as we missed out on a few sales opportunities for our prior car that did not have cwp. Tofano looks great with nougat. We decided against lux package and are happy with our seats. Double check with your dealer about Tofano as we were told that there is a delay. We were lucky to get ours on time!