Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Map update by SD from a Mac Book Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Map update by SD from a Mac Book Pro

Finally navigated through the download process from MyAudi. I have a 32GB SD Sandisk, I reformatted for Mac OS . I transferred 2 files Mib1 and Mib2 to the SD
I have called Audi customer service 3X's because I am getting a message that SCAN1 slot is not available. Tried placing the SD in the #2 slot no luck.

Audi suggested resetting the MMI and that didn't work. The next call recommended the re-formatting and that didn't help

Maybe it is the frigid cold but I don't think so. The SD is Advanced Performance SDHC UHS-1V30 32GB. I don't have access to a windows computer.

Any direction? Those who used the SD to update maps have a problem because it was from a MAC?

Tried Audi once more and they said have to go to a dealer because it might be a computer problem. Called the dealer and the person I talked to said there is no update via an SD card...when I told him there was he was adamant. What BS.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Last edited by GBMILTON; 01-02-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Addendum:

Know the computer is not broken as I was fooling around and tried to get the SD read via MMI media . Know that won't work but it was helpful in that the MMI media "saw" the card but the message was unreadable which is normal as I need to go through the MMI update.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you play a movie via the SD Card? That would make sure the SD card is being read properly.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If I’m not mistaken, the SD card has to be formatted as FAT (or FAT32). I know it won’t work with MacOS format.

Last edited by Cadx6; 01-02-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by GBMILTON
Finally navigated through the download process from MyAudi. I have a 32GB SD Sandisk, I reformatted for Mac OS . I transferred 2 files Mib1 and Mib2 to the SD
I have called Audi customer service 3X's because I am getting a message that SCAN1 slot is not available. Tried placing the SD in the #2 slot no luck.

Audi suggested resetting the MMI and that didn't work. The next call recommended the re-formatting and that didn't help

Maybe it is the frigid cold but I don't think so. The SD is Advanced Performance SDHC UHS-1V30 32GB. I don't have access to a windows computer.

Any direction? Those who used the SD to update maps have a problem because it was from a MAC?

Tried Audi once more and they said have to go to a dealer because it might be a computer problem. Called the dealer and the person I talked to said there is no update via an SD card...when I told him there was he was adamant. What BS.

There is your problem, reformat with FAT32
Old 01-02-2018, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
There is your problem, reformat with FAT32
It is formatted for FAT32. I had seen your earlier post and went back and re-did it

I had to download to my desk top because the SD didn't come on as a location. I moved Mib1 and Mib2 to the SD card. Did I miss a file?
Old 01-02-2018, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GBMILTON

Like everyone else has said, you have to reformat the SD card as "FAT":

Old 01-02-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is MS-DOS (FAT32) the same as MS-DOS (FAT)?
Because I thought I reformatted to the MS-DOS (FAT) but it is telling me it is at FAT32.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

ALSO, Can anyone tell me what files should be on the SD card before going out to my car again for the 10th time.
I know I'm missing something but I cannot figure out what.
As I said I had to download to my Desktop and then transfer the files.

I have Mib1 and Mib2 on there now.

Last edited by GBMILTON; 01-02-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There should be two more files, one .txt and one .md5.

Maps/0231001C.md5
Maps/metainfo2.txt
Maps/Mib1
Maps/Mib2