Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Motion for Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motion for Audi Connect

Has anyone been contacted that they are eligible for this? They are replacing the auto function with an app??
https://motionforaudiconnect.com/
Old 01-19-2022, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

People are getting letters about this. I did not get one for my 2017 Q7. However, I just brought it in to the dealer for a different software update and they told me I'm eligible. It's now installed. But I don't have the car back yet due to some other work being done.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motion for Audi Connect

Originally Posted by RickObe
People are getting letters about this. I did not get one for my 2017 Q7. However, I just brought it in to the dealer for a different software update and they told me I'm eligible. It's now installed. But I don't have the car back yet due to some other work being done.
I took my 2018 A5 Sportback in for an oil change and they said they had an upgrade to instal RE 3G. All they did was disable the 3G features per the recall, and told me i didn't need the external module. Picked up the car and of course the old 3G features dont work (obviously). Did my own research and saw that they needed to instal this Motion adaptor. Sent the service advisor a message asking about it and now crickets. How did you get them to instal the module? Lets us know how it works once you pick up your vehicle.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I had my Q7 in for service this past Monday and they installed the device. It looks tacky to be honest, as the device plugs into the ODB port so now I have a wire dangling from the ODB port up into the dash. I confronted the service writer about it and he swore up and down that it's not plugged into the ODB port and has been wired into the cars wiring loom.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissInTexas
I had my Q7 in for service this past Monday and they installed the device. It looks tacky to be honest, as the device plugs into the ODB port so now I have a wire dangling from the ODB port up into the dash. I confronted the service writer about it and he swore up and down that it's not plugged into the ODB port and has been wired into the cars wiring loom.

a very lazy dealer - I'd insist it's redone

Some vehicles will need the module, some will only need software - depends on car/in service date, etc. The dealer can tell you which
Old 01-19-2022, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

I am going to reach out to my dealer regarding both of my vehicles.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

free of charge or did you had to pay?
Old 01-19-2022, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lacucina_chef
Free of charge but my car is still under factory warranty, not sure if that makes a difference. If I had to pay for it, a device that plugged into the OBD port and is half-heartedly wired into the dash I probably would have ripped it out right then and there and put it on the service writers desk.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcotA5
How did you get them to instal the module? Lets us know how it works once you pick up your vehicle.
There's a post here in the A5 forum with a copy of the letter that explains which models/years get it for free and which would have to pay. I have a very good dealer. They just volunteered when I brought it in that it would be free for me and did I want them to do it.

Originally Posted by Lacucina_chef
Free for my 2017 3.0 Q7.

Last edited by RickObe; 01-19-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

S5 is booked for next week. BTW if people are concerned about the geotracking of the new system, remember there is already one in your car with the prior 3G system for audi connect and SOS. No difference with the new one.

On my Q7, they have to see where they want to put the module and are going to get back to me.

dealer said both retrofits are free since they are CPO (under warranty) and will come with 4 years of service. he was unsure what features will be free for 4 years though. said they had only done 3 of these to date so far. takes 2-3 hours but he anticipates it go to faster as they get more familiar with the retrofit.

Quick Reply: Motion for Audi Connect