Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Motion for Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Does the Motion device allow for reading of engine oil level?
It does not. Presumably, it will tell you if the oil level is low, but there is no direct readout.

For fuel, it does tell you the level, but only via a very tiny bar graph on the main display of the app:

Old 01-28-2022, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting, thank you. I guess I need to schedule a dealer visit.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

i will have more info today hopefully on what this looks like with my 2018 S5...
Old 01-28-2022, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25675402

not really a fan.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I asked Mojio about lock/unlock functionality. Here's their answer:

As of now, we don’t offer remote Lock/Unlock as a feature. Thank you for your feedback, this information will be passed along to the product management teams within Mojio and Audi for consideration, approval, and possible implementation. Please let me know if you have any additional context that you’d like to add. I may also suggest that you send this feature request feedback to the manufacturer for them to send it to us. In general, we provide the service to Audi and they decide what kind of features will be available to the customers.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickObe:
mike95776 (02-27-2022), mkztg1 (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I asked Mojio about lock/unlock functionality. Here's their answer:
That's pretty lame for my use case. Lock/unlock has been a primary feature for me in the past.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My install pics and use so far...

This was installed in my 2018 S5 Sport Back and wasn't really happy with where they put this module. It is in the 'cubbie' to the left of the steering wheel where the owners manual was when I received the vehicle. I use that for my gun when it isn't on my hip. So far it still fits but it looks/feels sloppy. The customer service at my local Audi where the work was done said Audi had a very specific work instruction on the install. It still could have been better. The new app doesn't have the same functionality either. Hopefully they will add the lock/unlock like others mentioned above. I didn't have to pay for any of this and the actual recall document showed up at my house the day before it was scheduled to get installed. Today, the day after it was installed I got a phone call from "unknown" on this too. It wasn't my phone, it was the new Audi SOS module. That needs to stop. These things should have unlisted numbers. I don't even know what the phone number is to this new module (or to the old 3G one either). So far, not a fan... Here are a couple pictures of the work they did on my car.

2018 Audi S5 Sport Back
Southeast, USA

4G LTE 'upgrade' in my 2018 Audi - 1

4G LTE 'upgrade' in my 2018 Audi - 2
Old 01-29-2022, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by mkztg1
This was installed in my 2018 S5 Sport Back and wasn't really happy with where they put this module. It is in the 'cubbie' to the left of the steering wheel where the owners manual was when I received the vehicle. I use that for my gun when it isn't on my hip. So far it still fits but it looks/feels sloppy. The customer service at my local Audi where the work was done said Audi had a very specific work instruction on the install. It still could have been better. The new app doesn't have the same functionality either. Hopefully they will add the lock/unlock like others mentioned above. I didn't have to pay for any of this and the actual recall document showed up at my house the day before it was scheduled to get installed. Today, the day after it was installed I got a phone call from "unknown" on this too. It wasn't my phone, it was the new Audi SOS module. That needs to stop. These things should have unlisted numbers. I don't even know what the phone number is to this new module (or to the old 3G one either). So far, not a fan... Here are a couple pictures of the work they did on my car.
FWIW I mounted gun magnets in my S5 and Q7, and attach my handgun there while driving.
The following users liked this post:
mkztg1 (01-29-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I gotta say...for a luxury SUV, Audi sure has a lot of BS that goes along with this brand.
The following 2 users liked this post by Redddog:
Keyser Wi (03-30-2023), mcjwillis (02-24-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Redddog
I gotta say...for a luxury SUV, Audi sure has a lot of BS that goes along with this brand.
I'd venture to guess 80-90% of owners of Audi's aren't on this, or any forum. I wouldn't let a forum dictate the "wrongs", as it can be very skewed. Saying this as someone who is around the cars daily, and much of what I read here as issues, are not things I've experienced either on my cars or client cars. Not all things mind you, but many. At the same time, the forums are useful for identifying various trends, and often solutions outside of the dealer/shop. Not to mention, people rarely jump on a forum and post daily musings of there everyday A4, or Q5, etc. They come when they have a problem.

Or, you can simply bypass this tsb altogether, and not deal with any of it. I have zero intentions on having my S4 done, and I work for Audi. I just don't care enough about the app anymore to bother.

Quick Reply: Motion for Audi Connect