Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Must have exterior & interior mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must have exterior & interior mods?

Hey gang, I just picked up a special order Q7, white/black with BOP package. Great car so far........coming from a large Denali it feels nimble and quick!

So far I have had the windows tinted and added the Audi "Supercharged" badge to the front panels. Any other ideas for must have mods or add ons to the interior or exterior?

Thanks guys and I appreciate all of the valuable information in this forum, it was extremely helpful in assisting me with my decision to purchase the new Q7.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a thorough wipe down with some interior protector. I got the leather conditioner and plastics protector from WeatherTech.

Not really a mod but more of a precaution.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

SQ7/Sline flatbottom steering wheel.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoseyWalesX
Hey gang, I just picked up a special order Q7, white/black with BOP package. Great car so far........coming from a large Denali it feels nimble and quick!

So far I have had the windows tinted and added the Audi "Supercharged" badge to the front panels. Any other ideas for must have mods or add ons to the interior or exterior?

Thanks guys and I appreciate all of the valuable information in this forum, it was extremely helpful in assisting me with my decision to purchase the new Q7.
Cosmetically, many people are blacking out the Audi Rings/ whatever badges they leave on. A few people have opted for the backline taillights, though I am smoking out my OEM ones personally. Post pics, would love to see your car!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

erwheezy, while it looks great (I am sure it feels great too) I don't think I could go from heated to non heated just to get flat bottom.

I am surprised they kept the bottom spoke silver/chrome on S wheel, it's another thing that bothered me on my Q. (I can't tell from this picture if it's wider than standard wheel) The slot is not wide enough to keep hand comfortably rested, and it's too thick to wedge between fingers. I thought about wrapping mine with leather because there is a plastic lip or gap or something that doesn't feel natural.

JoseyWalesX, some people also black out or smoke the ugly eyesore front bumper reflectors. While I hate those, I believe they serve a purpose, but I can't tell how that makes them any safer than vehicles in Europe where ugly reflectors are not mandatory.
Not sure where you are but if you are in US or Canada, you can consider that too.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
erwheezy, while it looks great (I am sure it feels great too) I don't think I could go from heated to non heated just to get flat bottom.

I am surprised they kept the bottom spoke silver/chrome on S wheel, it's another thing that bothered me on my Q. (I can't tell from this picture if it's wider than standard wheel) The slot is not wide enough to keep hand comfortably rested, and it's too thick to wedge between fingers. I thought about wrapping mine with leather because there is a plastic lip or gap or something that doesn't feel natural.

JoseyWalesX, some people also black out or smoke the ugly eyesore front bumper reflectors. While I hate those, I believe they serve a purpose, but I can't tell how that makes them any safer than vehicles in Europe where ugly reflectors are not mandatory.
Not sure where you are but if you are in US or Canada, you can consider that too.
Im in California so heated steering isn’t necessary. I think the silver opening on the bottom of the wheel is similar to stock. At least from what I remember.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by erwheezy

Im in California so heated steering isn’t necessary. I think the silver opening on the bottom of the wheel is similar to stock. At least from what I remember.
Then by all means, it's an upgrade.
As for silver opening, does it also have the uneven seam? I can't tell if it's a design flaw or intentional.

Trending Topics

Old 04-09-2018, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Easy mod...install Audi Beam ring lights
Old 04-09-2018, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My first interior mod was hardwiring my V1, followed by the SQ7 aluminum pedal set. Not a real mod, but I added the cargo cover to the hatch area.

My first exterior mod was debadging.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by erwheezy

I am in Southern California, and would have said the same thing, but the warm steering wheel sure makes the hands feel good, especially on a cool morning.

Quick Reply: Must have exterior & interior mods?