Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Must have exterior & interior mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Got my 2018 Q7 - Prestige 3.0 with 19k about a month ago. As far as I can tell, nothing had been done to it. Here is what I have done so far, along with a 1-5 scale of how much each improvement actually made versus how much it cost (5 being very worth it, 1 being not worth it):
- Match factory tint for front windows (5 out of 5... for the price, it is hard to change the overall appearance of the car this much)
- Stage 2 APR Tune dual pulleys 93 oct (4 out of 5... only reason it is not a 5 out of 5 is the cost can be prohibitive to many, but, the actual gains are out of this world)
- Swap out Bose 8 inch sub and replaced with Rockford Fosgate 8 inch sub (5+ out of 5... I am completely shocked how much the overall sound of the system changed by swapping out this one speaker and without adding amps and other after market nonsense)
- Carbon Fiber Supercharger badge (2 out of 5... it is a subtle upgrade, but, the cost for these 2 little badges does not seem cost effective)
- Roc-Euro Inlet (5 out of 5... super easy install and clearly makes the supercharger sing a little more)
- BMC air filter (4 out of 5)
- Installed Renegade Design spoiler after having it wrapped gloss black (5 out of 5... most SUV spoilers are blah... this spoiler is unique and wrapped in gloss black, against the grey of the rest of the car, looks SEXY)

Future mods in the works:
- wheels are getting powder coated gloss black
- chrome delete of trim, replaced with gloss black
- suitcase muffler delete
- replace rubber pedals with aluminum
- front and rear diffuser installed
- was looking at lowering options, but, not sure I am going to love the ride... so, undecided for now

Old 04-26-2023, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u2radiojames
Got my 2018 Q7 - Prestige 3.0 with 19k about a month ago. As far as I can tell, nothing had been done to it. Here is what I have done so far, along with a 1-5 scale of how much each improvement actually made versus how much it cost (5 being very worth it, 1 being not worth it):
- Roc-Euro Inlet (5 out of 5... super easy install and clearly makes the supercharger sing a little more)
- BMC air filter (4 out of 5)
- Installed Renegade Design spoiler after having it wrapped gloss black (5 out of 5... most SUV spoilers are blah... this spoiler is unique and wrapped in gloss black, against the grey of the rest of the car, looks SEXY)
Any said pics of the spoiler?

Also curious around your BMC and R/E inlet- did you install them at the sametime? or BMC then Inlet? Im looking at the BMC filter and wondering if its worthy mod vs the stock one
Old 04-26-2023, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bluesmoke

Also curious around your BMC and R/E inlet- did you install them at the sametime? or BMC then Inlet? Im looking at the BMC filter and wondering if its worthy mod vs the stock one
Tape is still on the spoiler from installation to hold it in place. I will take a photo of the car and post after I take all of the tape off tomorrow.

I probably did things in reverse order. I had the stage 2 tune done with the 2 pulleys upgraded, then installed the inlet and then I installed the filter… all within about a week of each other. The inlet made an immediate difference in sound as soon as you begin to accelerate. I just put the filter in today and did not drive it much. I did not notice a discernible difference, supercharger sound or acceleration wise. I have no track times to support it, but, if you check the forum there is a post about the BMC filter making a .2 difference in their 0-60 time.
The following users liked this post:
bluesmoke (04-26-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bluesmoke

The following 2 users liked this post by u2radiojames:
bluesmoke (04-28-2023), PsyQ7 (04-28-2023)