MY: HELP! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY: HELP! HELP!

Hello Everyone!

I imported a used 2016 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI QUATRO S Line

from UK to Malaysia (during one lockdown after another). The car arrived in Feb and spent a good 5 months languishing at Port Klang. We finally cleared it with Customs and received able the car. I tried to set up Audi Connect system but its asking me for a 10-digit code. I have asked the Dealer in Birmingham (where I bought the car from) but no response from them. Audi Malaysia is closed due to current lockdown. Therefore, below are a few issues that I want to inquire about:
1) The airbag light is on and the safety malfunction message is on the virtual cockpit
2) Keyless entry not open/close by touch (on handle)
3) The maps are only showing UK; Malaysian maps are not uploading
4) Trunk open/close functionality with kick is not working
5) There is no back/reverse camera; is there a way to install it
I am attaching the pictures for MMI/Navi software version. FYI, the car has 50k miles, drives well - only some minor issues to be resolved. Appreciate any advice or guidance. Thanks in advance
Old 07-30-2021, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 810 Likes on 619 Posts

The car that had been standing for so many months discharged the battery and this caused errors in the controllers and failure messages. Errors need to be cleared and some drivers must be re-learned.
It will probably be difficult to upload new navigation maps. Audi (and not only Audi) thus protects itself against private imports to other countries. Uploading the new navigation software is difficult but possible and a lot depends on the goodwill of the Audi dealer.
The rear view camera can be installed. This will require additional cables and coding. But it is doable: https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/q7/q...w-camera-41015
Try to find an independent service specialized in Audi. They should solve majority of your car troubles.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I really appreciate your help. I am a bit surprised that Audi wouldn't like it's cars to exported to other countries as there's a huge thriving market for Japanese models to be exported to pretty much all over Asia and Africa including German cars. Anyways, let's hope once the dealership open I will take the car to them which I am sure will cost me a kidney.

Thanks again for your effort.