Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

myAudi app worth visiting a dealer for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default myAudi app worth visiting a dealer for?

I have a pre-owned 2017 Q7. I was told the only way to get myAudi app to connect with my car is to visit a dealership. I'm unaware of any of the features the app has, or if it's worth visiting a dealership to get this connected to my car. Do you have to pay them to do it? Can you just go to the dealership for this service? I get my Q7 serviced by a reputable Audi/porsche shop so have never stepped foot in the dealership. What do you use your app for?
Old 03-07-2024, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by iphotostuff
I have a pre-owned 2017 Q7. I was told the only way to get myAudi app to connect with my car is to visit a dealership. I'm unaware of any of the features the app has, or if it's worth visiting a dealership to get this connected to my car. Do you have to pay them to do it? Can you just go to the dealership for this service? I get my Q7 serviced by a reputable Audi/porsche shop so have never stepped foot in the dealership. What do you use your app for?
I use the app and the only free thing you can do on it is view your vehicle data (current mileage, how full your gas tank is, mileage count down for your next service, and unlock/lock). You don’t need to go to the dealer. Contact the Audi Experience center and they will email you a set of instructions to get keyed as a user.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your car has a 3G cellular connection for most of the MyAdui app data. You will need to use Motion for Audi app to have SOS capability. Hopefully the previous owner had the hardware installed (4g LTE hardware) when Audi offered it for free. I also have a 2017 and the only thing I can do in the MyAudi app is use the location information. Check out these links

Motion for Audi Connect - AudiWorld Forums

Motion for Audi connect® | Audi USA
Old 03-24-2024, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ktran350
I use the app and the only free thing you can do on it is view your vehicle data (current mileage, how full your gas tank is, mileage count down for your next service, and unlock/lock). You don’t need to go to the dealer. Contact the Audi Experience center and they will email you a set of instructions to get keyed as a user.
im sorry - what do you mean by Audi experience center? When I look that app I only see the Audi driving experience center for training how to drive Audis
Old 03-25-2024, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

im sorry - what do you mean by Audi experience center? When I look that app I only see the Audi driving experience center for training how to drive Audis
Here’s their number: Tel. +1 800 822 2834

They will get your car info and email you a set of instructions and it will take a day for two to set you as the key user. Once that is done Audi will email and provide another set of instructions. Definitely a lot less painful than before when you had to visit the dealer.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi connect

in 2022 most Internet carriers shut down their 3G networks. Most Q7 owners received a free replacement modem for 4G. many did not. I did not. it will cost $500 to get a new modem. then you will need an ISP and a subscription to Motion for Audi connect. these all cost. I'm still going back and forth on having the new modem installed. nobody at Audi understands or will willing to talk about everything involved. My last Audi.