Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Need 1qt of oil to continue driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... My Audi dealer, Audi Stevens Creek, said this is normal and already mentioned in the user manual. Therefore, they insisted to charge me $8.75 for 1qt of oil even I have AudiCare maintenance plan.

BTW, do you know which brand of oil Audi used in factory? My Audi dealer filled my car with a Pennzoil 5W-40 but I though user manual mentioned Castro Edge Professional(not sold in US). Does mix different brand of oil matters?

Thank you.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tzchang
Hmm... My Audi dealer, Audi Stevens Creek, said this is normal and already mentioned in the user manual. Therefore, they insisted to charge me $8.75 for 1qt of oil even I have AudiCare maintenance plan.

BTW, do you know which brand of oil Audi used in factory? My Audi dealer filled my car with a Pennzoil 5W-40 but I though user manual mentioned Castro Edge Professional(not sold in US). Does mix different brand of oil matters?

Thank you.
I go to Audi Stevens Creek as well. When I asked them to top off the oil, they did not charge me at all. I wonder who your advisor is.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just got this message today, car is at around 9400 miles. I have my first service scheduled for this saturday as i cant go during the week, and its only monday. should i be filling up the quart its saying to? i do drive alot for work and have about a 160 miles of driving left to do this week. will i make it? im very nervous as i dont want to blow the engine or something lol
Old 07-30-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Meme Yo Girl
i just got this message today, car is at around 9400 miles. I have my first service scheduled for this saturday as i cant go during the week, and its only monday. should i be filling up the quart its saying to? i do drive alot for work and have about a 160 miles of driving left to do this week. will i make it? im very nervous as i dont want to blow the engine or something lol
Get a quart of Castrol Edge 5W 30 and add it if you are feeling nervous. Otherwise you'll be fine till saturday
Old 07-30-2018, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand your concern with being a quart low so quickly, (i'm at 8500 mi and still less than a quart low) but I don't understand your title "Need 1 qt of oil to continue driving". The picture you posted says you should add 1 qt, and you can continue driving. Did you get another message that said "to continue"? Otherwise I would say you are fine. The total volume is 7 its, so there should be a lot of oil left.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Meme Yo Girl
The warning message is yellow which means "warning", take notice. If it was red it would mean "danger", stop. The scale on the graph is 1 qt of oil out of 7 in the engine. If you check it periodically you will notice that it will slowly lower, just like a dip stick. Once it hits the bottom it doesn't mean that the engine is out of oil, you just need to add a quart like any other car. The chance of running out of oil in 160 miles is somewhere near zero, unless it is on your garage floor.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

I’m at 83000 miles and have gotten this sign three times. Every time topped with the 1 qt but the sign is back 5-6 weeks later. Should I be worried??
Old 04-15-2021, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Wow, mark me down as the third person who goes to Audi of Steven's Creek! Small world!
Old 04-15-2021, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,201 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by charmcity
I’m at 83000 miles and have gotten this sign three times. Every time topped with the 1 qt but the sign is back 5-6 weeks later. Should I be worried??
At how many miles since your last oil change does the message come up? What oil are you putting in (is it VW 502 00 approved) when topping off? Are you driving the car in cold climates? Are you letting it warm up before driving it when it is cold? Are you doing tons of highway or stop and go driving? Some more details would help us troubleshoot. Let us know. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Audi Q5 40 TDI 2021 Model

My Audi Q5 is hardly 2 months old 2021 modle, done around 2k miles and low engine oil warning light has come, engine also rattles when raving the engine

Quick Reply: Need 1qt of oil to continue driving