Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New to Audi - Q7 Prestige Order

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New to Audi - Q7 Prestige Order

Hello - Long time BMW and MB owner, about to plunge into Audi with the Q7. We test drove all the SUVs out there, and frankly the Q7 is the newest, and nicest looking SUV out there today, while the X5 and GLE are showing their age. And the Q7 drove very well too. Cant seem to find the right Prestige on the lot (all have 21" wheels with summer tires, while its 14 degrees outside), so I'm about to order one. Here is my build spec:

Prestige
Drivers Assistance Package
Cold Weather Package
Rear Air bags
Towing package

Dont want to go crazy with the Air suspension and the luxury package, but is there anything you'd say I'm missing? Also, what kind of discounts are people getting these days on Q7s?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2016, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Discounts are hard to come by on the Q7's since they are so rare. But it mostly depends on the region, consider yourself lucky if you get 3% off of MSRP.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like dark interior, order it with black headliner. Mine is all black, so it's a great match.

I also ordered the rear bumper protection film. It's pricy for just film, but it's factory / port installed. It looks almost invisible.

Discounts depend on dealers and regions. A couple dealers in my area have arrangement with Microsoft and Boeing (and some other companies) so their employees get (if I remember correctly) 4% discount. Just ask for the discount and compare between at least 2 dealers.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Air suspension also gives you 4 wheel steering... From everything I've heard (I don't have my car yet), it is totally worth it.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
If you like dark interior, order it with black headliner. Mine is all black, so it's a great match.

I also ordered the rear bumper protection film. It's pricy for just film, but it's factory / port installed. It looks almost invisible.

Discounts depend on dealers and regions. A couple dealers in my area have arrangement with Microsoft and Boeing (and some other companies) so their employees get (if I remember correctly) 4% discount. Just ask for the discount and compare between at least 2 dealers.
I think I can get a 4% easily, will push for 6%. Lets see where that goes.

I am going for the gray exterior/black interior. We are certainly considering the black headliner, even the Black Alcantara headliner is a free upgrade. Anyone have thoughts on that?
Old 12-16-2016, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I think I can get a 4% easily, will push for 6%. Lets see where that goes.

I am going for the gray exterior/black interior. We are certainly considering the black headliner, even the Black Alcantara headliner is a free upgrade. Anyone have thoughts on that?
I think the alcantara comes with the luxury package. not available without.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Air suspension also gives you 4 wheel steering... From everything I've heard (I don't have my car yet), it is totally worth it.
Adaptive Chassis Package (air suspension and 4-wheel steering) is great. It may have higher maintenance cost if you plan to keep the vehicle for long term. I was seriously considering this option and almost jumped on it.

I did a quick google search on "Audi air suspension problems", read some owner experiences and scratched it out. Granted that the technology is probably better on the Q7. I just didn't want to take the chance since the standard suspension is very good. On my Tesla, I opted for the Air Suspension because the car sits quite low with the standard suspension. The option to heighten the car is necessary in many situations. With the Q7, it sits high enough that I am not worrying about hitting anything at the bottom.

The 4-wheel steering will be more desirable if my driving condition would benefit much from it. 95% of my driving doesn't require tight turning circle. I don't think the 4-wheel turning at freeway helps a lot for fuel efficiency or tire life. More moving parts may be more maintenance cost.

Last edited by Keyser Wi; 12-16-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by erwheezy
+1
Old 12-16-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by erwheezy
You are correct. While it shows as a stand alone no-charge option, it forces you to add Luxury pack
Old 12-16-2016, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Made the mistake of going on AUDI UK build page. The options they have available there would be so nice to have in NA. Matrix headlights, More color options, S line seats flat bottom steering. And of course the 3.0 TDI engine.

Quick Reply: New to Audi - Q7 Prestige Order