Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New Guy: ready to pull the trigger on a new Q7 - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Guy: ready to pull the trigger on a new Q7 - Questions

Hello All,

What a nice little community you have here! I am working on putting together a deal on a new Q7 Prestige and I'm coming up against a wall, so to speak, with my local dealers. I have done a lot of lurking here and it would seem that deals to be had on a new Q7 are typically 5% off MSRP with more aggressive deals to be had. It would appear that I'm also seeing the AudiCare discounted, as well as the extended warranties in some instances.

My question is that I can't seem to come near 5% and I'm wondering if I'm not pushing hard enough or if that is just the way it is in my region with dealer pricing. This deal would be an order, as I have a very specific Prestige I'm looking for. I would think these dealers would jump at 5% off MSRP to pull me away from a competitive brand and get me into a Q7. I'm looking to trade my current vehicle so not sure how a deal with an out-of-state dealer would work aside from me selling my car by private party.

Also I'm getting nowhere with discounts on the AudiCare or extended warranty. Have any of you purchased either from a forum sponsor at a discount?

Thanks in advance,

TrueAt1stLight
Old 01-27-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are you located? Discounts really depend on where you are due to vehicle demand in various regions. If you only have one or two Audi dealers near you it will be tough. 3-5 and you should be able to find 5% easily.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on the region as well. And maybe how long they've been out. I shopped 5 dealerships at the beginning of 2016 and only one gave me more than 500-1000 off.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They typically sell Audi car at cost so if the discount it they are taking it out of their profit on the deal. I believe Audi Care is $849.00.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default call around...

You can buy a new Audi from any dealer and have a nice little mini vacation going to pick it up!
Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Where are you located? Discounts really depend on where you are due to vehicle demand in various regions. If you only have one or two Audi dealers near you it will be tough. 3-5 and you should be able to find 5% easily.
Yea, for me, one dealer in the state and only two dealers in about a 6 hour radius. In both cases, they have nearly zero Q7's on the lots and typically get people putting deposits on the Q7s that are inbound before they reach the lot. They easily sell their allocations so aren't interested in budging at all on Q7s.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Since we have no clue where you live, its hard to say if your deals are fair or not. But you want a discount take a small trip somewhere and pick up your car. Nothing like a couple hundred mile road trip back in a new vehicle
Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks all- I live in MN so two dealers in the Twin Cities, one south in Rochester, then Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Madison and parts further...
Old 01-28-2017, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueAt1stLight
Thanks all- I live in MN so two dealers in the Twin Cities, one south in Rochester, then Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Madison and parts further...
There will be a new Audi dealership opening soon in Richfied. They WILL NOT be owned by the Pohlad Group like the other 2. Should be some competition. I know the price I paid was more than expected as at the time, the Q7 was newer and there was very little stock.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can order from any dealer in the US, make your best deal and once its built you can have a courtesy delivery at your local dealer or have it transported by a company like Plycar right to your doorstep without even stepping foot in to a dealership. Depending on the deal it can save you money.

Quick Reply: New Guy: ready to pull the trigger on a new Q7 - Questions