Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

No Updates/Communication from Sales Rep Regarding 2018 Q7 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No Updates/Communication from Sales Rep Regarding 2018 Q7 Build

So i have put my order in on July 27 for a brand new 2018 Q7 Prestige. this week will be the 1st month mark since i first put the order in. up until today i still don't have an email update for my build order. my sales rep has not contact me since the 29th of july regarding my order. this dealer sells car from 9 different automaker. i was introduced to the sales rep from a buddy of mine, but apparently he sells honda instead of audi, since the dealer also has audi brand, he is allowed to sell some car too from audi. but this is the dilemma i'm facing right now. hopefully someone can give me insight to what i should do.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Its very simple. Call the sales person you bought from and ask or contact the Audi dealers sales manager and ask for an update. They should be very accommodating with any questions you have, if not, then likely chose wrong dealership to give your business. Customer service is key, seems most Audi employees I have dealt with follow this same train of thought.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It normally takes 3-4 months for the custom-ordered German car to show up in the US. What can the guy possibly report to you after only one month? No worries, it's just a process thing. I am sure you'll be glad when it is here.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
It normally takes 3-4 months for the custom-ordered German car to show up in the US. What can the guy possibly report to you after only one month? No worries, it's just a process thing. I am sure you'll be glad when it is here.

After 1 month. It would be great to expect an email with the build order, so i can correct any mistakes made on the order, if there was any. And also the build order would have an ETA on the vehicle delivery date.. i'm in the end of my current lease also, so to have a delivery ETA would be really great, so i know how long should i extend my current lease..

Last edited by mrp0rky; 08-20-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
After 1 month. It would be great to expect an email with the build order, so i can correct any mistakes made on the order, if there was any. And also the build order would have an ETA on the vehicle delivery date.. i'm in the end of my current lease also, so to have a delivery ETA would be really great, so i know how long should i extend my current lease..
Asking a world wide forum when a simple phone call to your dealer will give a real answer is a little curious. Of course, you won't get an answer from him either as he is at the mercy of the build system which, as previously mentioned by others, is too early for any useful information .
Old 08-20-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Asking a world wide forum when a simple phone call to your dealer will give a real answer is a little curious. Of course, you won't get an answer from him either as he is at the mercy of the build system which, as previously mentioned by others, is too early for any useful information .
The system gives you an estimated build date, port arrival date, and dealer arrival date pretty quickly. The OP should certainly be able to get the info.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also i'm a new customer to audi, this will be my very first audi. Even my buddy at BMW told me there is a specific rules that dealer have to abide especially when they are dealing with first time owner. Of course they want to make a lasting impressions if they want to keep me driving their vehicles.. this is my first build order vehicle, all i ask for is updates from them.. i have told my sales rep many times to keep me updated. He said that is normal to not get the build order email since the order is put in by the dealer so only the dealer will have the info. I don't know if i'm asking too much? But hell not what expected from this dealership i have dealt with.. if i know it would be like this i would've went to cherry hill and deal with SYMAWD..
Old 08-20-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Perhaps your dealer did not have any allocations left for that month so maybe the order is not yet actually in? Dunno, just a possibility.