Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Non Audi-FS Lease Company with Better Money Factors

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Audi-FS Lease Company with Better Money Factors

Folks:

We are strongly leaning towards getting a Q7 but are extremely put off by the Money Factors of the Audi Lease ProgramsAt a MF equivalent of 5% APR I am paying about 3% extra per month than what my credit union will lend me at. Over a period of 3 years that is about 7% extra in financing costs. I would have been happier at the same lease payment but a lower residual.

Are there banks/companies which will do a lease in California on the Q7 with lower residuals and lower rates to get the same payment?

We will probably buy the vehicle out but want to be sure it is a long term keeper before we do, and hence prefer a lease.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:48 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I know that U.S. Bank had much better rates than AFS when I picked up ours at the end of May. I have no idea if they lease in CA, but I am sure a quick call to them will answer that for you.. 800-872-2657
Old 06-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I called US Bank but they said that the dealer has to participate in the US Bank lease program. And they could not share a list of dealers with me
Old 06-20-2017, 11:19 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Would they at least say if they write leases in CA? Simply contact a few dealers and ask if they use U.S. Bank.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US Bank

US Bank does lease in California and yes, their rates are significantly less than Audi but......check-in to their return policies as it is my understanding that they try to "bush" you for all types of additional fees at the end of the lease. It is easy to google them and see exactly what I am speaking about.

As a result, I just purchased mine and I am happy I did so. Normally, I prefer to lease but the rates were ridiculous.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

You could always do multiple security deposits through AFS to lower the money factor.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

We lease our Q7 via US Bank as that is what two Audi dealers were selling at the time (August 2016). I also lease a 2016 A6 which they did via Audi FS. I'm in LA.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
You could always do multiple security deposits through AFS to lower the money factor.
Thank you SYMAWD.

My local dealer has not responded as yet to my MSD request. I think it is 0.00005 off up to 9 additional deposits right?
Old 06-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scotstern
US Bank does lease in California and yes, their rates are significantly less than Audi but......check-in to their return policies as it is my understanding that they try to "bush" you for all types of additional fees at the end of the lease. It is easy to google them and see exactly what I am speaking about.

As a result, I just purchased mine and I am happy I did so. Normally, I prefer to lease but the rates were ridiculous.
Hopefully we will not have to turn in the vehicle.

I wish there was a way to find a dealer who deals with USBank.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Most of the dealers in Southern California deal with them. Again, I caution you to read about them and their practices for lease end. Some of the things that they do, according to the posts, if they are true, boarder on unethical.

I do know one reliable source that confirmed the situation.

Quick Reply: Non Audi-FS Lease Company with Better Money Factors