Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hji1945
I am having a same problem. I contacted OBDeleven for the problem, and they told me they are waiting for database update from Audi. So seems like we cannot code 09 until they update the software again.
This can't be true though. RickObe has posted here quite a bit about going into Module 9 (Central Electrics) and making updates.

There must be another reason. Any one have any ideas? I know a ton of people have turned on High Beam Assist on this thread.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by hji1945
I am having a same problem. I contacted OBDeleven for the problem, and they told me they are waiting for database update from Audi. So seems like we cannot code 09 until they update the software again.
I had a similar problem a week back, but not with the central electronics module. It was with the module to turn the range limiter off (Central module comfort system? I say it isn't the central electronics because I could activate the high beam assist). Haven't checked it after that.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bkafrick
This can't be true though. RickObe has posted here quite a bit about going into Module 9 (Central Electrics) and making updates.

There must be another reason. Any one have any ideas? I know a ton of people have turned on High Beam Assist on this thread.
That was the information I got from the OBDeleven support. So I am not sure what is going on. There are few people that are having trouble on OBDeleven support board. But no one has found a solution yet. Please let me know if you find a way to fix it.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I just checked and I am still able to access and modify coding and adaptations in Modules 09 and 46 on my 2017 Q7. Running OBD11 software v.0.8.3.0.

It may have something to do with the car's firmware version. Mine is a March 2016 build running software 0443 still.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I just checked and I am still able to access and modify coding and adaptations in Modules 09 and 46 on my 2017 Q7. Running OBD11 software v.0.8.3.0.

It may have something to do with the car's firmware version. Mine is a March 2016 build running software 0443 still.
Ah, different software builds is likely the culprit.

Can you get directly into coding on module 09, or do you have to go to security and enter in a security code before hitting coding?
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Ah, different software builds is likely the culprit.

Can you get directly into coding on module 09, or do you have to go to security and enter in a security code before hitting coding?
Directly, no security code.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Questions for the experts: I connected the OBDEleven, car ignition on (engine not running), did my changes (auto steering late warning and double beep for central unlocking). Click the green checkmark and my app said "adaptation change accepted" (or something like that). Tried the central unlocking, still no beep .... Any idea what went wrong? Should I do the programming change when engine is running?
The late warning might work but I am not sure.
The strange thing is the history on the app shows those changes were done.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
Questions for the experts: I connected the OBDEleven, car ignition on (engine not running), did my changes (auto steering late warning and double beep for central unlocking). Click the green checkmark and my app said "adaptation change accepted" (or something like that). Tried the central unlocking, still no beep .... Any idea what went wrong? Should I do the programming change when engine is running?
The late warning might work but I am not sure.
The strange thing is the history on the app shows those changes were done.
Did you do sounder settings > beeptime opening central locking > double beep?

I think you also need: Central locking sys > beep at opening > on.

Also, make sure doors are closed when you do the programming. Then reset the MMI and try it from outside the car with your key fob.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Did you do sounder settings > beeptime opening central locking > double beep?

I think you also need: Central locking sys > beep at opening > on.

Also, make sure doors are closed when you do the programming. Then reset the MMI and try it from outside the car with your key fob.
Thanks much, Rick. I think I missed the last 2 steps. I assume "Central locking sys" is in the same folder as "sounder settings".
Will play with it again.

Do you typically leave the OBD11 plugged in or plug in only for programming?
Old 12-15-2016, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
Thanks much, Rick. I think I missed the last 2 steps. I assume "Central locking sys" is in the same folder as "sounder settings".
Will play with it again.

Do you typically leave the OBD11 plugged in or plug in only for programming?
Not sure what you mean by "folder", but it's in Module 46 - Central Convenience > Adaptations.

I was leaving it in, but someone posted that its presence in the OBD port can cause current drain, so I've been taking it out except when programming.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven