Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is this security password with in modules that some people are running into? Is it a universal password or is unique to each vehicle per the VIN? And I assume it doesn't matter weather OBD11 or VAGCOM is used to access the module the password will still be required.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
What is this security password with in modules that some people are running into? Is it a universal password or is unique to each vehicle per the VIN? And I assume it doesn't matter weather OBD11 or VAGCOM is used to access the module the password will still be required.
They were discussed here.
Q7 (4M) Coding
Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mitch, just wanted to say thanks again. Got the Lane Assist and High Beam Assist turned on, along with the dimming DRL instead of wink, and needle sweep in VC.

Any luck on traffic sign recognition?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2016, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordanhedges123
Mitch, just wanted to say thanks again. Got the Lane Assist and High Beam Assist turned on, along with the dimming DRL instead of wink, and needle sweep in VC.

Thanks!
That man is amazing. High beam assist is my favorite. I'll be activating lane assist once winter is over.

And nope. He hasn't had luck with the traffic sign recognition. Yet.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordanhedges123

Thanks!
Do you mean highbeam Assist is available to use where it wasn't before? Or do you mean highbeam Assist is always on as opposed to manually engaging after each start?

Ive got the high beam assist but hate that I have to manually engage it every time for it to work.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
That man is amazing. High beam assist is my favorite. I'll be activating lane assist once winter is over.

And nope. He hasn't had luck with the traffic sign recognition. Yet.
Yup! Pretty awesome. Still trying to figure out to turn off the "winking" DRL's. Got them to dim when signaling, but thats as far as I can get.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Do you mean highbeam Assist is available to use where it wasn't before? Or do you mean highbeam Assist is always on as opposed to manually engaging after each start?

Ive got the high beam assist but hate that I have to manually engage it every time for it to work.
Not sure, just got all my adaptations made this afternoon, not quite dark here yet. Cold front heading in though, brr.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000

You have to manually engage high beam assist every time. That's how it works in cars that have been coded as well as those that come with it from the factory.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
You have to manually engage high beam assist every time. That's how it works in cars that have been coded as well as those that come with it from the factory.
I hope someone comes up with a code to permantly engage it.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:23 PM
DKV
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to be so ignorant but can someone enlighten me about the "needle sweep".

Quick Reply: OBDEleven