Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lapi
For SMS, once your phone connected to MMI via Bluetooth.
Click the Phone Button, then press the Left ] button. It will show "Text Messages" as a Menu item, select it, then you will see Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, etc. You can also right click [ to see more options to Write new message, Reply etc. I believe this was not Enabled while driving, before I applied the VIM/SMS/MMI app module. May be someone who did not apply the VIM/SMS app could check?

Ok I was looking for Text Messages when my iphone was plugged in and I was in the CarPlay mode. I know my VIM is working because I had The Wall Live from Berlin playing on it this morning so the SMS should be there now too I just wasn't looking in the correct place.

I was trying to activated the High Beam assist yesterday but OBD11 couldn't access the 09 Central Elec module.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found this on YouTube. I expect the process maybe the same for us.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

didnt work on mine
Old 01-06-2017, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bjc2974
didnt work on mine
If you're referring to the SMS the set up is slightly different but not too far off from that A3 video.
If I can find some time at work today I will do a Q7 specific step by step for you if you need it.
Once I got mine set up it didn't have any messages to show because I had not received a text in the vehicle with it activated. I do wonder if iMessage will show up on it.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

has anyone figured out how to change then night navigation overlay for Canadian car? that nasty brown is so ugly
Old 01-06-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
If you're referring to the SMS the set up is slightly different but not too far off from that A3 video.
If I can find some time at work today I will do a Q7 specific step by step for you if you need it.
Once I got mine set up it didn't have any messages to show because I had not received a text in the vehicle with it activated. I do wonder if iMessage will show up on it.
You used obdeleven to set up sms messages? Its funny i could access and send text messages from time I set up my bluetooth in the vehicle. An exclamation point goes on the phone icon in the virtual cockpit when a text is received
Old 01-09-2017, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Newb here

soery don't want to screw anything up so can someone pls walk me through the long coding for the needle sweep long coding... I went to to the display (17 I recall) and then long coding, not sure what to do next
Old 01-09-2017, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chimcu
soery don't want to screw anything up so can someone pls walk me through the long coding for the needle sweep long coding... I went to to the display (17 I recall) and then long coding, not sure what to do next
I put this together the first time I used it. It's for enabling the CD ripping but should help howto
Old 01-10-2017, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I put this together the first time I used it. It's for enabling the CD ripping but should help howto
thank you ...!i thought that's what it was but was only 60-70% sure .. didn't want to screw up so this help tremendously...
Old 01-10-2017, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Mods Retained After Dealer Service

I know some people asked this question before, so I though I would share my experience:

I went to the dealer this morning for the 10K service, and all the mods I have done via OBDeleven were retained. I am sure their own scan will show my mods, but they did not question anything at all.

By the way, the 10K service does not include tire rotation. I asked the service adviser about it, and he did it for me for free. Nice.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven