Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Thanks, RickObe. I know you're one of the "Mod Masters" here on the board. Have you attempted this using the OBD11? I am always afraid I will muck things up, so if you (or anyone else) has the specific settings, it would be of immense help.

Being in the Midwest, it would be great to be able to lock the vehicle as I warm it up in the winter.

Thanks again.
I made the change on my car with OBD11.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iasm
So i got the obeleven connected after some hassle with the password and when i went to vim i saw three choices. Standard,vim, and i think vim/sms. I chose vim and hit the check box and it updated and said sucsess. My question is should i have selected vim/sms and if so can i just do it again?
the SMS feature from what I understand will allow to read text messages on the MMI while driving but you need have your phone and MMI setup to share text over Bluetooth. I posted a video on how to do that maybe a page or two earlier in the thread. As far as how while it works, I can't say because I have yet to receive a text while driving. If you chose to run the VIM/SMS app it will require another 100 credits or whatever it cost. I found out by running the app twice on accident.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I made the change on my car with OBD11.
I haven't had a chance to try it. Are you able to both lock and unlock the vehicle while it's running? I thought I saw someone saying that they could lock it but had to use the key to unlock it. That would be too cumbersome.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mi_sat
I haven't had a chance to try it. Are you able to both lock and unlock the vehicle while it's running? I thought I saw someone saying that they could lock it but had to use the key to unlock it. That would be too cumbersome.

Thanks.
Yes you can, but what I meant by unlocking with the key is you can't use the advanced key access ( just pulling the door handle with the key in your pocket), you have to press the unlock button on the fob - not the physical key though, that would be too painful!
Old 01-18-2017, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's great news! Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can some provide me with OBDeleven instructions for the lap timer?

I found the VSDS coding:

Module 17 (Instruments)
Coding
Long Coding
Long Coding Helper
Byte 1 (Second from left)
Tick/Select "Bit 3"
Exit
Do It

I get to coding and don't see any long coding.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

You need to hit the 0|1 in the top right I think to switch.

If you search my posts there's a link to instructions I put together with screenshots.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else gotten this error? When I try to access Central Electrics, I get, " Description Data Not Found" . Any thoughts?
Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mazda3ndp
Has anyone else gotten this error? When I try to access Central Electrics, I get, " Description Data Not Found" . Any thoughts?
Yes. Search on that phrase in the search box, and you'll find many references.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
You need to hit the 0|1 in the top right I think to switch.

If you search my posts there's a link to instructions I put together with screenshots.
I got to long coding and see the 0/1 you were referring to but it's unclear from there what to do. I did a search for your name and lap timer and got zero results. Then went through the list of all your posts and looked at the ones that seemed to be obd11 related to no avail.

Anyway, the number of apps available has really recently grown from the 2 originals and now include the lap timer for 10 credits. I've found that starting the app gives one free credit and you can earn 5 free ones a day by looking at ads. What's nice though is all you have to do is start the ad and you can immediately hit the back button to receive each one. The credits don't cost all that much but I don't mind spending a few minutes each day to build up enough 'free' ones. I'm about 4 days from activating VIM. Then onto the lap timer (2 days/10 total minutes) unless I can find more detail.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven