Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Thank You. Was able todo the Sounder Settings, but every time I went in to 09/Central Electric and hit Adaption or even coding, it gave me a check network error. But then during the same session I could go right back in to 46/Control Module without any issue. I was absolutely connected to the network so I am at a loss to understand what is happening.
Strange. Only thing I can think of is to hard restart your tablet so that the app has to reload. And pull the dongle out of the car and re-insert. Then scan again. I'm a complete newbie on Android, so no idea if that would help.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Just did all that and more and I still am getting the error. I think I will load the app on my other android phone and see it that might be the issue. Also left a message on the OBD Forum to see if they are aware of any issues. Quite odd that Adaptation works on some modules, but not on others.
*UPDATE* - When I went into the Q7 specific section of the ODBEleven proboards and several others posted that they had the same issue. At least I am not alone.

Last edited by hockeyfox; 09-13-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Changed lock sound to double beep:
46/Control Module System Comfort > Adaptation > Sounder settings: beep time closing central locking > double beep (old value single beep)

Also changed unlock sound to single beep, but it doesn't make sound. Probably need to change something else too to get this to work.

Still trying to figure out lap counter, gear display, needle sweep and auto parking sensor activation.
Anybody able to get single beep on UNLOCK? Not working for me.
Also, anybody able to get turn signals flash to once for unlock and twice for lock?

Some more progress I made with OBDeleven...

Got lap counter to work. Probably had it before but just didn't know where to look for the counter in the VC:
17/Dash Board > Adaptation > Lap Counter > Display (old value No Display) ---or---
17/Dash Board > Lap Counter > Coding > yes (old value: no)
(Not sure which of above did it since I did both before finding the counter in the VC)

Gear Display in VC:
02/Transmission Control > Adaptation > Auto Gear Selection > Single Gear Display > D on / S on (old value: D off / S off)

Needle Sweep:
17/Dash Board > Long Coding* > Byte 1, Bit 0 ON (checked) (old value: OFF (unchecked))
* you need to hit the tiny 0/1 icon on the coding panel to get to the long coding in the OBDeleven App

Automatic Parking Sensors Front:
09/Central Electric > Long Coding* > Byte 37, Bit 1 ON (checked)

Now need to research how to get gear to show in HUD (not just in VC) and to increase seat fan speed.

Last edited by RickObe; 09-13-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Thanks. Just did all that and more and I still am getting the error. I think I will load the app on my other android phone and see it that might be the issue. Also left a message on the OBD Forum to see if they are aware of any issues. Quite odd that Adaptation works on some modules, but not on others.
*UPDATE* - When I went into the Q7 specific section of the ODBEleven proboards and several others posted that they had the same issue. At least I am not alone.
I wonder if it's just a "time of day" issue. Maybe that part of their server wasn't responding when you tried it, but was when I tried it.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent the $15 for the turnkey VIM. Works great!
Old 09-13-2016, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
Spent the $15 for the turnkey VIM. Works great!
Please explain? What is the turnkey VIM?

EDIT: Oh, you mean the OBDeleven app for Video in Motion?

Not for me. I do not want to have that distraction while driving and become like the Tesla guy who drove through the side of a tractor trailer on autopilot while watching a movie.

Last edited by RickObe; 09-13-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any one successfully enable gear display in HUD? Someone said it will be enabled together with laptime mod. But this is not the case for me.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tzchang
Any one successfully enable gear display in HUD? Someone said it will be enabled together with laptime mod. But this is not the case for me.
Same here. Gear display in VC plus lap timer enabled and still no gear display in HUD. Would sure like to know how to get this too.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gear display in the HUD is only available when the lap timer is displayed in the HUD.

Not the outcome I was hoping for.

Also I've not been able to turn off the lap timer in the HUD. It only appears to reset once the car is turned off.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Please explain? What is the turnkey VIM?

EDIT: Oh, you mean the OBDeleven app for Video in Motion?

Not for me. I do not want to have that distraction while driving and become like the Tesla guy who drove through the side of a tractor trailer on autopilot while watching a movie.
I probably won't use it. I think it also unblocks the news feeds and texting function while the car is in motion. I just wanted to see how well there turnkey apps worked. Pretty nice that they came up with it.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven