OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
(Also for bhatiaax)

Here are my most up to date notes for other stuff I've done or rejected:
Rick - you are the man. I saw in a post that you said you don't want or like VIM. But do you have coding for it? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bhatiaax
Rick - you are the man. I saw in a post that you said you don't want or like VIM. But do you have coding for it? Thanks!
As far as I remember seeing, VIM can only be done with an OBD11 app and that app is not updated for more recent (2018) builds. Sorry, I don't have any more info.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Lectoid
I do for several months in the spring and fall in North Carolina. I don't even use the A/C until it's really hot out.
You can turn the A/C off without turning the whole system off (green arrow vs red arrow in picture below). I think the coding will work with just A/C off but not whole system. However, I have not actually tested that. If you need to turn the whole system off (or if the coding doesn't work with just A/C off), then you are probably going to be annoyed by the start/stop cycling even with the coding in place. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other or better options.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Re: Mirrorlink, see link below:

https://mirrorlink.com/
Old 12-29-2017, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

As far as I remember seeing, VIM can only be done with an OBD11 app and that app is not updated for more recent (2018) builds. Sorry, I don't have any more info.
Thanks Rick, not a problem. I am waiting on the product to arrive and will bother you again with more questions
Old 12-29-2017, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

My loaner SQ5 had static cornering lights. Turn the wheel and the corresponding all weather light would illuminate. Anyone know how to code this feature into a Q5 with an OBDEleven? Couldn't find it by search.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

You can turn the A/C off without turning the whole system off (green arrow vs red arrow in picture below). I think the coding will work with just A/C off but not whole system. However, I have not actually tested that. If you need to turn the whole system off (or if the coding doesn't work with just A/C off), then you are probably going to be annoyed by the start/stop cycling even with the coding in place. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other or better options.

Yea I'm aware. My previous BMW was the same way. I rarely use the A/C so I had gotten used to turning it off almost every time I hit the auto button. I'm one of the few that, so far, doesn't mind the auto off. There are a few lights that take a long time so it's not bad. And I've figured out that feathering the break will keep the engine running and a hard press will usually turn the engine off. Also shifting to S will disable auto stop/start as well.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default MirrorLink

Thanks Rick. So for IPhone users this is not needed, just use AppleCarPlay.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredderman 3.5
My loaner SQ5 had static cornering lights. Turn the wheel and the corresponding all weather light would illuminate. Anyone know how to code this feature into a Q5 with an OBDEleven? Couldn't find it by search.
I have a 2017 Q7. If I put the headlights in the "Auto" position, the 'cornering' lights work.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mctt197
I have a 2017 Q7. If I put the headlights in the "Auto" position, the 'cornering' lights work.
Mine are in auto also, but no cornering lights.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven