Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe

Long coding (or direct coding), where you change the byte/bit yourself, is done when the tool doesn't have the info stored for what you're trying to change, but you have found the bit/byte info published somewhere. I only have one customization (Auto PDC front) that I had to do with long coding back when I did it. The highest level of caution is demanded in this area as who knows if a bit/byte published by someone was for a given firmware, but that changed in your later firmware. -> I didn't make this change as it already worked on mine from default but needle swipe is another one that required long coding.

As to your specific issues: When I did the switch-off speed, it was given in kph, so default was 10kph or 6mph. Maybe they changed it to mph in OBD11 now? Since it's an adaptation, I don't see any harm in trying 10 in yours and see what the effect is. As I've mentioned before, carefully record everything you change so you can go back if necessary. -> I tried 20 and drove this morning. Seems to be working fine... It keeps the camera on till 15-16 mph. Mine built is MY2017 - NOV 2016 Build.

For the pax seat, you mention my lines #2-#4. It's actually #2-#5 (it takes all four changes). Did you do all four? If so, my guess is that something has changed in your newer MY. If it were me, I think I'd stop and say close enough. If you can move the seat from driver side, is symmetry really that big a deal? -> Yes, sorry, meant to say #2-5. I performed the changes using regular coding (active vs non-active) and tested. Then went to check on long coding... the things were not ticked... figured it would change the long coding as well... so then I reverted the regular coding and went with long coding... they both had the same effect with only able to move pax seat not symmetry. It's not a big deal actually... I reverted all of the items to their original settings.
Please see in bold. Like always, thanks for your guidance.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

@RickObe

Parking God is not in my favor. I tried the easy entry today and it didn’t do anything to the driver seat. I do have easy entry enabled in the MMI which moves the steering up an inch or two. Any thoughts?

Changes I made were on Module 36/Coding

Easy_Entry_Fond -> Not Active -> Active
Easy_Entry_Front -> Not Active -> Active

Also, I wanted to know if you were aware of the following changes:

1. DRL staying on or dimming while signal (US vehicle)
2. Auto brakes engaging at stop at light so you can take your foot off. (Available in Lexus)
3. Enabling google map in US Q without Audi Connect
Old 01-05-2018, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bhatiaax
@RickObe

Parking God is not in my favor. I tried the easy entry today and it didn’t do anything to the driver seat. I do have easy entry enabled in the MMI which moves the steering up an inch or two. Any thoughts?

2. Auto brakes engaging at stop at light so you can take your foot off. (Available in Lexus)
Forget #3, hasn't happened yet.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

@RickObe

My easy entry didn't do anything either. The steering wheel moves up an inch but the seat does nothing. I set them both in the MMI and the OBDEleven too. Maybe the OBDEleven master Rick will have an answer. (Rick, I know you say you are not the master but you've helped me a lot!)

2. The auto brakes engaging at stop is such a nice feature I had in my Cayenne. Not in Audi I guess. Someone on here told me about setting the cruise at a stop and that will allow you to take your foot off of the brake and that works if this helps. You can also set the parking brake which turns off as soon as you hit the gas.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

@RickObe

0. (Easy entry) May be model year or firmware variation. I remember mine being flakey at first. Not sure why. The seat part of it may just start working after a while. You might want to force an MMI reset to see if that helps (Nav+Radio buttons held forward then push down on center ****)

1. I've seen something on the forum about DRL dimming. I don't know if anyone's found a way to keep them on. You will have to search for it. Personally, stuff like that I don't mess with because I really don't care. I'm inside the car and what other people see really doesn't concern me. If it was designed that way to make the turn signal more visible, fine with me.

2. I have not seen coding for it. Two workarounds: (1) manually engage the parking brake. It will self-release when you step on the gas. But your brake lights will not be on. (2) If you have ACC, once you are stopped, you can engage ACC and it will hold the car until you touch the gas or tug the ACC lever, even if nobody is in front of you. Your brake lights will be on.

3. Nobody has found coding for this. They have it locked down pretty well; you have to subscribe.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

P.S. There is a lot of info on this thread in the A4 section that carries over to the Q7:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post25091838
Old 01-05-2018, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
0. (Easy entry) May be model year or firmware variation. I remember mine being flakey at first. Not sure why. The seat part of it may just start working after a while. You might want to force an MMI reset to see if that helps (Nav+Radio buttons held forward then push down on center ****)

1. I've seen something on the forum about DRL dimming. I don't know if anyone's found a way to keep them on. You will have to search for it. Personally, stuff like that I don't mess with because I really don't care. I'm inside the car and what other people see really doesn't concern me. If it was designed that way to make the turn signal more visible, fine with me.

2. I have not seen coding for it. Two workarounds: (1) manually engage the parking brake. It will self-release when you step on the gas. But your brake lights will not be on. (2) If you have ACC, once you are stopped, you can engage ACC and it will hold the car until you touch the gas or tug the ACC lever, even if nobody is in front of you. Your brake lights will be on.

3. Nobody has found coding for this. They have it locked down pretty well; you have to subscribe.
0 - Thanks Rick. I did indeed reset the MMI and do that for all changes but still didn't work. Maybe I wasn't patient enough. It could be that the software/firmware is more updated that it doesn't allow for such things to happen. In any case, if someone on software: 0918 or above get the seats stuff working, please let me know. Mainly look for Easy Entry for seat to go back... Symmetry would be icying...

1 - Got it. I read that someone got it working on the european ones, didn't see anything for US. I just think it takes the look out of the vehicle. One eye shut!

2 - I will try the ACC. But again their will be a manual intervention every time you stop.

3 - Got it. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

0 - Thanks Rick. I did indeed reset the MMI and do that for all changes but still didn't work. Maybe I wasn't patient enough. It could be that the software/firmware is more updated that it doesn't allow for such things to happen. In any case, if someone on software: 0918 or above get the seats stuff working, please let me know. Mainly look for Easy Entry for seat to go back... Symmetry would be icying...

1 - Got it. I read that someone got it working on the european ones, didn't see anything for US. I just think it takes the look out of the vehicle. One eye shut!

2 - I will try the ACC. But again their will be a manual intervention every time you stop.

3 - Got it. Thanks!
I have done #3 on a US spec’d car. I forget the exact process but I think this is it on this threadhttps://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-audi-2912779/
Old 01-18-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OBDEleven Help

Rick, I have did the programing twice for the seats and nothing happens. Any ideas? I would like the driver seat to move back when I exit and I would love to be able to move the passenger seat from my side. I set everything to active, I think. Nothing changed. In the MMI the only thing I can do is enable passenger seat. So today, like a fool, I set everything to active. Still nothing. Would try any options you have...
Old 01-18-2018, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
Rick, I have did the programing twice for the seats and nothing happens. Any ideas? I would like the driver seat to move back when I exit and I would love to be able to move the passenger seat from my side. I set everything to active, I think. Nothing changed. In the MMI the only thing I can do is enable passenger seat. So today, like a fool, I set everything to active. Still nothing. Would try any options you have...
Sorry, I don't really know anything else. Might be something they changed if your version is newer than mine.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven