Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a loaner 2018 Q7 and the steering wheel/easy seat entry worked a ton better. The steering wheel moved probably 3-4 inches up and away when I turned the car off. I have to believe it's a software issue and not hardware. I forgot to ask the SA when I returned the car. I will have to do that next time.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm pretty sure the wheel moves up to the top. So if you keep it low when driving it will move farther up when you exit than if you keep it higher when driving. Now if we could get the seat to move back...
Old 01-19-2018, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
I'm pretty sure the wheel moves up to the top. So if you keep it low when driving it will move farther up when you exit than if you keep it higher when driving. Now if we could get the seat to move back...
I thought I saw in the app that they have an application for easy entry/exit that made it look like it moved the seat.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mctt197
I thought I saw in the app that they have an application for easy entry/exit that made it look like it moved the seat.

My OBDEleven has one but it did not work for me.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought easy entry/exit was already a function of the car, but I never saw the seat move back or noticed wheel moving up/down. I have to check, but I really don't remember.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:31 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I thought easy entry/exit was already a function of the car, but I never saw the seat move back or noticed wheel moving up/down. I have to check, but I really don't remember.
I was told by my dealer that a recent change (2018?) to the easy exit system was to NOT move the seat, but instead, just move the steering wheel... I have only experienced the steering wheel retraction, and no seat move. This doesn't affect me too much, since i am really tall, and already have the seat back pretty far.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by timshuwy
I was told by my dealer that a recent change (2018?) to the easy exit system was to NOT move the seat, but instead, just move the steering wheel... I have only experienced the steering wheel retraction, and no seat move. This doesn't affect me too much, since i am really tall, and already have the seat back pretty far.
I wouldn't mind but I have a very narrow entry from my garage against the wall, and I don't like how my left foot rubs against the door panel and eventually it's impossible to remove those marks. I've been watching more carefully to avoid scuffing the door, but sometimes my mind is preoccupied with something I can realize I just scuffed the door again. If the seat were to move back, that would help a lot with entry.

I don't think I noticed steering wheel move this morning, I'll have to watch for that again when I am going home today.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an idea here, if you only have one driver saved on your memory seat settings why not use the other memory to make an exit seating setting? Not the best solution but may be the only one since at appears that Audi did away with the easy exit setting.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default OBDEleven and ACC

Is there any way to change the ACC GO timer? When you come to a stop, the dash board lights up to tell you ACC Stop and Go and that lasts about two seconds. After the two seconds, you need to hit the gas or pull back on the stalk. Can this time be changed to something longer? Like three minutes or about as long as a red light lasts?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
Is there any way to change the ACC GO timer? When you come to a stop, the dash board lights up to tell you ACC Stop and Go and that lasts about two seconds. After the two seconds, you need to hit the gas or pull back on the stalk. Can this time be changed to something longer? Like three minutes or about as long as a red light lasts?
As far as I know, nobody has found a way to change that setting. Sure would be nice though.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven