Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you can enable DRL for the rears.

Originally Posted by DB22

Because it is assumed that if you have your lights on then it is dark and the DRL’s don’t need to be that bright. (Some countries allow driving with parking lights only, these lights can also be referred to as side lights).
I don’t understand why DRL’s are front only. They should always be front and rear.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wires
You are waiting for nothing. Audi engineers have removed configurations from 2018 that's why you could do them in 2017.

That being said, there might be some discoveries of things hidden in the long coding that unlocks new functionality. But if you are looking for functionality that was in 2017 but not in 2018, I think that's a lost cause.
When I found this thread, I thought I had found the solution to how to have Sirius traffic and weather, etc., and maybe even permanently disable the stop/start feature, but this post suggests that model year 2018's can't be modified? I really just would like to have Sirius traffic. I already pay for it, and to pay $199 for six months of INRIX just seems nuts.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by socalsharky
Yep. I verified it last night. And just this morning, when I got in the car, the ventilation on the drivers seat was on, which was the way I left it last night. Back to my original question: can the OBD device be used to change this behavior?
I looked through nearly all of this thread. Has anyone found a mod that will allow the seat heating and ventilation to reset to "off" when the car is turned off?
Old 06-20-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dylanQ
When I found this thread, I thought I had found the solution to how to have Sirius traffic and weather, etc., and maybe even permanently disable the stop/start feature, but this post suggests that model year 2018's can't be modified? I really just would like to have Sirius traffic. I already pay for it, and to pay $199 for six months of INRIX just seems nuts.
You can disable start/stop, but nobody has found a way around the subscription in order to get traffic in the MkII Q7.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks. Since it's been figured out for the MK II Q5, hoping it's just a matter of time. Maybe Audi is getting a boatload of money from INRIX? They are certainly not listening to their customers. This closed system has been going on for years. I was able to use a PTEL sim card in prior models to get around the high prices from AT&T, but PTEL went out of business. It's not clear to me why we can't use our existing cell plans - and I'm an AT&T client. It's not like we're streaming movies, so it can't really be a big data drain. It all about the $$, I guess.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. Since it's been figured out for the MK II Q5, hoping it's just a matter of time. Maybe Audi is getting a boatload of money from INRIX? They are certainly not listening to their customers. This closed system has been going on for years. I was able to use a PTEL sim card in prior models to get around the high prices from AT&T, but PTEL went out of business. It's not clear to me why we can't use our existing cell plans - and I'm an AT&T client. It's not like we're streaming movies, so it can't really be a big data drain. It all about the $$, I guess.
When you say "figured out for the MkII Q5", do you mean Inrix or Sirius traffic without the Audi PRIME subscription? Can you post a reference to this?

For the Q7, it's possible to use a sim card, but only to power the onboard wifi, not for any of the PRIME services. Perhaps that's what you saw for the Q5?
Old 06-21-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
When you say "figured out for the MkII Q5", do you mean Inrix or Sirius traffic without the Audi PRIME subscription? Can you post a reference to this?

For the Q7, it's possible to use a sim card, but only to power the onboard wifi, not for any of the PRIME services. Perhaps that's what you saw for the Q5?
Perhaps I have misunderstood this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...pires-2941112/
Old 06-22-2018, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Perhaps I have misunderstood this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...pires-2941112/
Good find. Reported to work for both A4 and Q5 models. Looks like it should probably work for Q7, although I haven't seen any such reports. I will probably give it a try.

And just to clarify... the mod is to enable Sirius traffic overlay, not Inrix. So it is really going around/outside the whole Audi Connect PRIME environment. Some of the folks reporting that it is vey hard to get Sirius to add the traffic subscription since their database says the model is not compatible.

Last edited by RickObe; 06-22-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe

Just FYI, in Europe I can use any SIM card for all the in-car data needs. We don't have Audi PRIME here though, but I think that's the same thing they call Audi Connect here, which includes "Traffic Information Online" (which btw sucks compared to for example Google Maps). This is powered by INRIX, if I'm not mistaken, so should be the same. Here's a screenshot of my Audi Connect service in myAudi:

Old 06-28-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Puderzo
Just FYI, in Europe I can use any SIM card for all the in-car data needs. We don't have Audi PRIME here though, but I think that's the same thing they call Audi Connect here, which includes "Traffic Information Online" (which btw sucks compared to for example Google Maps). This is powered by INRIX, if I'm not mistaken, so should be the same. Here's a screenshot of my Audi Connect service in myAudi:
Just curious.. if you are using a third-party SIM, do you still get services such as Google Maps, Twitter, Online News, etc WITHOUT paying the subscription fee to Audi (which in the US is about $28 a month on the long term plan)?

Quick Reply: OBDEleven