Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ajindal
Thanks gsobol and RickObe for quick replies.
Is there a way to either mirror or play video's from my iPhone to MMI front console? It can only play DVDs etc, if we can play video from cell phones then it is really cool as no need to predecide and but specific DVDs.
There is a way to mirror your iphone screen on apple car play. I've seen it done on other cars so my guess is it should work on audi if same steps are done. You pretty much have to jailbreak the iphone and download an app. This will let you even watch videos like netflix, prime video, etc. It Basically mirrors the image of iphone screen to car screen
Old 10-01-2018, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there another way to deactivate start-stop? Long code maybe? I am using obdeleven

De Acivation of Start-Stop
Select Control unit 19 (can gateway)
Adaptation
Start-Stop Voltage Limit>12V (New Value)

Start-Stop Voltage Limit is not available. Nor is EM ambient temp.

I did this on my S3 and it worked fine.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by M0J0
Is there another way to deactivate start-stop? Long code maybe? I am using obdeleven

De Acivation of Start-Stop
Select Control unit 19 (can gateway)
Adaptation
Start-Stop Voltage Limit>12V (New Value)

Start-Stop Voltage Limit is not available. Nor is EM ambient temp.

I did this on my S3 and it worked fine.
There is 10 credit app in OBDEleven to disable Auto Start-Stop.
This is really the only thing I want to do with my Q7, I don't think it's worth $100, so if there is anyone in NYC area willing to code mine (I'll pay for the credits) I'd love to borrow the OBDEleven. Auto Start/Stop is downright dangerous in some situations.
Is there a way to code Q7 to keep radio/music ON when we open the door? Why isn't Audi allowing us to keep music on when we turn off the engine and open the door? This is one of the things I miss the most from my BMWs.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
This is really the only thing I want to do with my Q7, I don't think it's worth $100, so if there is anyone in NYC area willing to code mine (I'll pay for the credits) I'd love to borrow the OBDEleven. Auto Start/Stop is downright dangerous in some situations.
Is there a way to code Q7 to keep radio/music ON when we open the door? Why isn't Audi allowing us to keep music on when we turn off the engine and open the door? This is one of the things I miss the most from my BMWs.
You don't need credits to code start/stop. It can be done with a simple adaptation coding found in this thread.

If music stayed on with the ignition off and the door open, how would it know to ever turn off? Seems like a good way to run down the battery if you forget to turn it off.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
You don't need credits to code start/stop. It can be done with a simple adaptation coding found in this thread.
You are right, would it be enough to buy just the dongle for $50, and if necessary we can pay for credits later, or do we have to buy the pro with pack of credits?
https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device.html

Originally Posted by RickObe
If music stayed on with the ignition off and the door open, how would it know to ever turn off? Seems like a good way to run down the battery if you forget to turn it off.
I believe the music/MMI turns off even if you don't open the door after x amount of time, if I remember correctly there is already a measure against draining the battery.
The alternative way (the same way BMW does) would be to turn off the entertainment and all related equipment when you lock the vehicle.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

You are right, would it be enough to buy just the dongle for $50, and if necessary we can pay for credits later, or do we have to buy the pro with pack of credits?
https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-obdeleven-device.html.
You don't need credits, but you do need the PRO version of OBD11 to do coding.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

The irony is the only way the music stay on when you open the door is when the start/stop goes from ready to off when you unbuckle you seatbelt
Old 10-02-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
The irony is the only way the music stay on when you open the door is when the start/stop goes from ready to off when you unbuckle you seatbelt
Interestingly, it doesn’t turn off when I open the passenger door. I noticed this when I was washing my car and opened the passenger door to put the car in accessory mode to move the wipers to the service position. The radio turned on, picked up my Bluetooth connection, and kept playing even after I turned the car off. The only way I could get it to stop was opening and closing the driver’s door.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman

Interestingly, it doesn’t turn off when I open the passenger door. I noticed this when I was washing my car and opened the passenger door to put the car in accessory mode to move the wipers to the service position. The radio turned on, picked up my Bluetooth connection, and kept playing even after I turned the car off. The only way I could get it to stop was opening and closing the driver’s door.
or lock it.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
or lock it.
Yep, but that would have folded the mirrors in, which would have forced me to turn the car on again to get them to unfold, lather, rinse, repeat

Quick Reply: OBDEleven