Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
After you scan, you scroll down and press the 09/Central Electrics button. The "coding 07" comes from VCDS, I believe. In OBDeleven, you just push the coding button on the list of options. When you do that, the coding page will come up, which will show a bunch of textual coding options. To get the long coding (which is the Byte by Byte method), there is a tiny "0/1" icon you have to hit. Once you do that, you should be able to scroll through byte by byte with a checkmark option for each bit in each byte. When you set the bit you want, you click save (I think). I don't have mine with me, or I'd post some screen shots. Or maybe this info is on the OBDeleven website or it's forums?
This!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
Possibly, I have a somewhat newer build date (June).
I have the older firmware version. So it looks like the new version is having problem?
Old 09-18-2016, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lapi
I have the older firmware version. So it looks like the new version is having problem?
Hmmm, maybe now I'm glad I wasn't able to talk my dealer into updating the firmware in mine.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
After you scan, you scroll down and press the 09/Central Electrics button. The "coding 07" comes from VCDS, I believe. In OBDeleven, you just push the coding button on the list of options. When you do that, the coding page will come up, which will show a bunch of textual coding options. To get the long coding (which is the Byte by Byte method), there is a tiny "0/1" icon you have to hit. Once you do that, you should be able to scroll through byte by byte with a checkmark option for each bit in each byte. When you set the bit you want, you click save (I think). I don't have mine with me, or I'd post some screen shots. Or maybe this info is on the OBDeleven website or it's forums?
Thanks much! I may give it a try again today. Worried (unnecessarily?) that I am going to brick a $74k vehicle.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Thanks much! I may give it a try again today. Worried (unnecessarily?) that I am going to brick a $74k vehicle.
When you do long coding, just be VERY VERY careful that you have the right Byte and the right Bit. (It's pretty easy to slip and get the wrong one.) If you get the wrong bit, you could do unknown damage. Take your time, don't hurry, and triple check that you've got it right before you press Save.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Can you explain step #1 above? Am I simply pressing the Central Electronics button? And what is "[Coding - 07]"?

Finally, do you have to press something equivalent to "save" or "start" or some such thing for the code to execute? I'm not sure exactly what buttons to press once the four steps above are completed.

Many thanks.
I did a step by step guide with screenshots on a UK forum which might be of use:

OBDeleven first use - enabling rip CD's to MMI "Jukebo
Old 09-18-2016, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I did a step by step guide with screenshots on a UK forum which might be of use:

This is all very helpful. Thanks everyone! It seems to work, though it would be great if we could trigger the camera as well.

Perhaps that will get figured out some time in the future. Happy to at least have the graphics.

Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by srbsq7

"Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here"

lol, What? I dont think I ever visited that site before!
Old 09-18-2016, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I am Trying to enable Hotspot and Client mode which is not enabled by default. I connected my OBD to my Q7 and I see the Information control unit 5F in red as shown. What does that mean? I see no option to enable Hotspot and Client mode in the adaptation. Can someone help here?
Attached Thumbnails OBDEleven-screenshot_20160918-192347.png  
Old 09-18-2016, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ven7782
I am Trying to enable Hotspot and Client mode which is not enabled by default. I connected my OBD to my Q7 and I see the Information control unit 5F in red as shown. What does that mean? I see no option to enable Hotspot and Client mode in the adaptation. Can someone help here?
Maybe that it needs a security code as do some other modules? What happens if you tap on the red 5F icon?

Quick Reply: OBDEleven