Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Price on a 2018 Q7 Presteige

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price on a 2018 Q7 Presteige

New member here... what would the buy price be on a 71k msrp Prestige 2018 Q7 in the Midwest?
Old 04-05-2018, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check TrueCar. That's how we negotiated the price. It tells you fair price as well as what dealer likely paid for it.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while I think TrueCar can be somewhat helpful it really has seemed to have devolved into a sales lead generator for dealerships. I used it to get some prices here in NC and it took weeks to get the sales people from three different dealership to quit calling and emailing. Also the "TrueCar Price" may not be your best price. You may want to use that price as a starting point. I've read a couple of articles from supposed insiders that sales people love people coming in with their TrueCar price certificates as a healthy profit is built into that price.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Iaroadmaster
New member here... what would the buy price be on a 71k msrp Prestige 2018 Q7 in the Midwest?
I am in Midwest too, getting 9% discount on 82K MSRP prestige. There are people who got 11% - its all based on the time and how well you are negotiating. If your purchase is between the month end and completing the quota for the month, they will give you a better discount for the sale to happen. If they already met their quota then they won't come down much. So pure timing and luck... All the best!
Old 04-06-2018, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ECinEI
while I think TrueCar can be somewhat helpful it really has seemed to have devolved into a sales lead generator for dealerships. I used it to get some prices here in NC and it took weeks to get the sales people from three different dealership to quit calling and emailing. Also the "TrueCar Price" may not be your best price. You may want to use that price as a starting point. I've read a couple of articles from supposed insiders that sales people love people coming in with their TrueCar price certificates as a healthy profit is built into that price.

Yes, definitely don't look at just the TrueCar price since I've been told the salesperson will gladly take it since it avoids haggling if the customer thinks it's a good price.

I was talking about the graph that shows a good, great, and dealer purchase price below.

For TrueCar, I just gave a fake email from a disposable email site. I'm just there for the graph when you've built a model with the options you want. I'll find the dealership and salesman myself.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just email a few dealerships at months end and offer them 11% to get your business. Naturally they won't budge initially (although my dealer did) and work down. 10% i would consider an excellent deal. But for a msrp that high i wouldn't settle on anything under 9%. The key is contacting multiple dealers and not settling at one dealer when they don't want to accept your initial offer.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Iaroadmaster
$64k. Offer $64k and go from there
Old 04-06-2018, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I should leave this thread now.

In a major midwest city, the Q7s were in high demand. After all dealerships in a 300 mile radius did not have an Orca on black due in until April (we purchased last November), we found one with all the specs but a color we could stomach at the time. We were offered what amounted to 3% off $82K and just took it due to a snafu on another family member's part.

There was a glimmer of hope for $75Kish, but that was lost to the above-mentioned snafu.

I am still salty about that.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

If you desire a very particular kind and live in a market where supply is constrained, then yeah you'll get 3% off. But as you can see, most here are getting 8-10% these days
Old 04-06-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the response and info from smacky and others. I have Mannheim history on my trade (QX80), so let the negotiation games begin!

Quick Reply: Price on a 2018 Q7 Presteige