Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Price on a 2018 Q7 Presteige

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you are willing to pick up from Texas, there are good discounts in Houston right now. post hurricane sales projections for 2018 were jacked up so dealers are scrambling and offering deep discounts without breaking a sweat
Old 04-07-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
if you are willing to pick up from Texas, there are good discounts in Houston right now. post hurricane sales projections for 2018 were jacked up so dealers are scrambling and offering deep discounts without breaking a sweat
meanwhile Texas led Audi's growth in North America for last year, and having worked closely with dealers there, the deals were similar in scope to what anyone can accomplish anywhere.

The only way to know what people in the marketplace are paying is simply to compare a few deals from a few dealers who have what you want, or are willing to get it for you (many dealers will not do the latter). Then look at ALL the components of the deal. A double digit discount off MSRP is not always the best deal and many things beyond price can be important in a transaction like this.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys - Back here after a very long time. It's time for me to return my 2011 TDI (part of the buyback) and get myself a 3.0 prestige. All of the buyback paperwork is completed however, I don't have to return the car immediately - may have some time until I find a car I like.

It's a shame that I have to return the TDI ('11 prestige with adaptive air suspension) , as I really like it and have about 70k miles on it -still drives quite well. Issue now is if I want to get a similar prestige with AAS + Driver assistance package kicks it up to $80k. If I were to place an order build - would it be a '18 model or would it be a '19 model? Looking at deals in the bay area - anyone aware of any specials?
Old 04-08-2018, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like folks who ordered a 17' this time last year ended up getting an 18'. But, the new year model guide came out in early April last year. I've been told the 19' order guide won't be out until June. So, not sure how that will affect ordering now.

It seems a 9% discount is being offered without much of a fuss. As indicated earlier, some are getting 10-11% off. Shop around..
Old 04-08-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ECinEI
while I think TrueCar can be somewhat helpful it really has seemed to have devolved into a sales lead generator for dealerships. I used it to get some prices here in NC and it took weeks to get the sales people from three different dealership to quit calling and emailing. Also the "TrueCar Price" may not be your best price. You may want to use that price as a starting point. I've read a couple of articles from supposed insiders that sales people love people coming in with their TrueCar price certificates as a healthy profit is built into that price.
Correct. TrueCar was a fantastic tool in its early days and it was a legitimate way to get a great deal. But I recall reading an interview with their CEO who stated the dealers hated it. In order for TrueCar to stay in business, they had to form relationships with dealers, which of course means more profit for the dealer.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

Much depends on location too. There is only one Audi dealership in the entire state of New Mexico - here in Albuquerque. We are the fifth largest state, so it's a long drive to go to another dealer (270 - 400 miles).

Because of this I was good with $500 over invoice.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue99
Correct. TrueCar was a fantastic tool in its early days and it was a legitimate way to get a great deal. But I recall reading an interview with their CEO who stated the dealers hated it. In order for TrueCar to stay in business, they had to form relationships with dealers, which of course means more profit for the dealer.
dealers hate it for one reason....they have to pay to be a member of it, and membership does not translate into sales
Old 04-11-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
Much depends on location too. There is only one Audi dealership in the entire state of New Mexico - here in Albuquerque. We are the fifth largest state, so it's a long drive to go to another dealer (270 - 400 miles).

Because of this I was good with $500 over invoice.
Why did you not buy it from Texas and have it shipped. It costs about 700 to ship it to New Mexico from Houston. That would have saved about 7500 dollars.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M0J0
Why did you not buy it from Texas and have it shipped. It costs about 700 to ship it to New Mexico from Houston. That would have saved about 7500 dollars.
i am in a similar small market. If you don’t buy the car from them — loaner cars are not available and you are treated differently.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Polonium1

i am in a similar small market. If you don’t buy the car from them — loaner cars are not available and you are treated differently.

Are they really that petty?

We bought two Lexuses in 03/04 from a dealership in Columbus, OH, and Lexus never gave us an issue for services and getting a loaner.

Quick Reply: Price on a 2018 Q7 Presteige