Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

The Q7 is fun to drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Oh and forgot to mention, I dont like ACC. I just is too slow or fast to correct speed, and takes more concentration on the drivers part, especially if you are changing lanes etc on the highway. Nothing like the human ability to foresee, and make minor or major changes to pedal position as needed. And Lane assist is even worse. I guess I like to drive and all this is just interference to me.
I wish I would have passed on it.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon now, you are getting 24 versus 25 on a 5 series BMW. That is pretty damn great if you ask me!!

Yeah, I'm not too bummed about it, but it's an 08 E60. You'd think ten years was enough to get medium SUV to the 26 highway MPG mark by now.

I guess turbos are just that much more efficient than SC. It got me wondering when Audi will put out a 3.0 TFSI in to the Q7.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by M0J0
I wish I would have passed on it.
You will be happy to have the ACC in case of an emergency stop at high speed (car in front suddenly stops) when your car will stop in a shorter distance than you could manage. The ACC does not have to be on for the collision avoidance to be active.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Oh and forgot to mention, I dont like ACC. I just is too slow or fast to correct speed, and takes more concentration on the drivers part, especially if you are changing lanes etc on the highway. Nothing like the human ability to foresee, and make minor or major changes to pedal position as needed. And Lane assist is even worse. I guess I like to drive and all this is just interference to me.
I just think you are a speed demon Kutta lol. You track to work lol
Old 03-29-2018, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
Yeah, I'm not too bummed about it, but it's an 08 E60. You'd think ten years was enough to get medium SUV to the 26 highway MPG mark by now.

I guess turbos are just that much more efficient than SC. It got me wondering when Audi will put out a 3.0 TFSI in to the Q7.
Gents,

Many of you (like reference to SC in the post above) refer to Q7 3.0 engine as "supercharged" and make it as it is not turbo (they are working on turbo..., when 3.0 turbo will show up..., etc., etc.) The current 3.0 unit is abbreviated as TFSI, which means "turbocharged fuel stratified injection". What do you refer to as a turbo engine then? Is the the TFSI turbo is not enough turbo for you?

Speaking about MPG... I do consistently get ~26 MPG on highway when driving conditions are good (not too cold, not too hot, not going against strong wind, not in traffic, etc.) The worst ever mileage on highway I've seeing so far was 23.1 MPG when it was -15F-20F with some wind - around New Year. The best I've seeing so far was 27.3 MPG in early last fall. And I am quite an aspirated driver.

Last edited by ConservativeConsumer; 03-29-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: cc
Old 03-29-2018, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
Gents,

Many of you (like reference to SC in the post above) refer to Q7 3.0 engine as "supercharged" and make it as it is not turbo (they are working on turbo..., when 3.0 turbo will show up..., etc., etc.) The current 3.0 unit is abbreviated as TFSI, which means "turbocharged fuel stratified injection". What do you refer to as a turbo engine then? Is the the TFSI turbo is not enough turbo for you?

Speaking about MPG... I do consistently get ~26 MPG on highway when driving conditions are good (not too cold, not too hot, not going against strong wind, not in traffic, etc.) The worst ever mileage on highway I've seeing so far was 23.1 MPG when it was -15F-20F with some wind - around New Year. The best I've seeing so far was 27.3 MPG in early last fall. And I am quite an aspirated driver.
TFSI in the Q7 is a misnomer as the engine is a 3.0 supercharged v6
Old 03-30-2018, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hkn125
TFSI in the Q7 is a misnomer as the engine is a 3.0 supercharged v6
What do you mean? It is V6 alright, but I don't think that the Audi is consciously fooling their customers by applying a wrong label on the engine cover and advertising this 3.0 unit as TFSI on their website, in documentation, in periodical media, etc., etc. Nay, cannot be.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
I just think you are a speed demon Kutta lol. You track to work lol
I can be sometimes
Old 03-30-2018, 05:50 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

What do you mean? It is V6 alright, but I don't think that the Audi is consciously fooling their customers by applying a wrong label on the engine cover and advertising this 3.0 unit as TFSI on their website, in documentation, in periodical media, etc., etc. Nay, cannot be.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q7

-go to overview, then available engines

Quick Reply: The Q7 is fun to drive