Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 lease return - new Q7

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Q7 lease return - new Q7

Hi folks,

Been a member since 2014 and lurking around. My lease on the 2015 TDI is up and I'm looking to enter into the '17 model.

Few questions:

1) The dealer mentioned they would have to buyback from VW after I return it to them. Out of a total of 45k miles signed up I originally I've put on only 22300 miles in the last three years. Is there anything I need to discuss on return of the vehicle?

2) On a new Premium Plus, the dealer has quoted $64295 as MSRP, less $2500 discount for being a customer. The lease with $0 money comes to $963/month for 10K miles per year. Is this a good deal? If not, how much can I negotiate and/or what all I should ask the dealer.

3) Can anyone please tell me what is the money factor and residual percentage for PA? The dealer is in Monroeville, PA.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Does this look good?

I was able to get the best offer from the dealer. Is this good to proceed?

MF - 0.00227
Residual - 60%

Also the dealer said he will write me a check for $2400 for the tires and brake pads I replaced yesterday.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Update

Originally Posted by audi-luver
I was able to get the best offer from the dealer. Is this good to proceed?

MF - 0.00227
Residual - 60%

Also the dealer said he will write me a check for $2400 for the tires and brake pads I replaced yesterday.

This is a premium plus for 15k miles per year for 36 months. Forgot to mention.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume this a lot car, because there are an awful lot of port installed options on the car. Based on the spec, I believe a Prestige model with cold weather and driver assistance would actually be cheaper. Also based on the money factor, your interest rate is 5.5%, which is not really good...
Old 11-29-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The sales manager showed a book for the money factor and mentioned he cannot go below what is listed there. How do i get a better interest rate?

I'll look into the prestige option. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2016, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by audi-luver
The sales manager showed a book for the money factor and mentioned he cannot go below what is listed there. How do i get a better interest rate?

I'll look into the prestige option. Thanks!
You'll most likely lose a percent or two on the residual when going to a prestige.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

The money factor does look high, even in comparison to what I've seen on the Q7 (which itself is high in absolute terms). That said, the residual is higher than what I was quoted for 10k/year, so that's good. Either way, the dealers don't usually have much control over the main lease parameters - they're set by AFS or US Bank.

You do have about $1k of port-installed accessories, but it still looks to be a decent discount off MSRP. You'd have to see if you can get that same discount on a Prestige, especially if you have to factory order.

The last thing that was not clear to be is the $0 due at signing. Does that mean they're waiving the first month's payment and fees ($226 + $9)?
Old 11-29-2016, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by alipor
You'll most likely lose a percent or two on the residual when going to a prestige.
Ah - this may explain why the residual is better than what I was quoted for my Prestige. (Our posts must have crossed.)
Old 11-29-2016, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by titoj19
The money factor does look high, even in comparison to what I've seen on the Q7 (which itself is high in absolute terms). That said, the residual is higher than what I was quoted for 10k/year, so that's good. Either way, the dealers don't usually have much control over the main lease parameters - they're set by AFS or US Bank.

You do have about $1k of port-installed accessories, but it still looks to be a decent discount off MSRP. You'd have to see if you can get that same discount on a Prestige, especially if you have to factory order.

The last thing that was not clear to be is the $0 due at signing. Does that mean they're waiving the first month's payment and fees ($226 + $9)?
Yes, they are waiving the first month's payment and fees.