Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 ordering questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Q7 ordering questions.

Hello all new to the forum and looking to purchase/order a new Q7. I looked around and checked all the relevant threads but couldn't really find all the answers i needed. After calling all my local dealers and visiting a few in person I think I have decided on the options for my Q7. When ordering a vehicle do you negotiate the price at the time of order or when the vehicle arrives? Also is there a way to find out which dealership has a better chance of getting a vehicle ordered/allocated the fastest? This is the first time that I will be ordering a vehicle usually there is something in the area that is similar to what I am looking for. Also is there a standard deposit, from the 4-5 dealers I called the deposits range from no deposit all the way to 10%. Thanks in advance.

This is what i'm looking to order
Q7 Prestinge
Glacier White
Black Leather
Grey Oak Inlays
Black Headliner
Adaptive Chassis
Black Optics
Tow Package

I have checked all over the US and can't find anything similar to this. Reading some of the threads I found that black optics is for sold orders only not really sure what that means.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

99% of the time anything with Black Optics will require an order. I had them do a national search for a very similar car (add cold weather and florett silver) and nothing existed. I believe BOP requires the car to be ordered. When we ordered a few weeks ago we put down a $1000 deposit and negotiated a 3% discount at time of order.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the info. do you have an estimated eta for your Q7?
Old 12-14-2016, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Rumored to be March. We ordered about 3 weeks ago. From my understanding there is a 2 week shutdown in the end of december which slowed it down a little.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You negotiate at the time of ordering, once ordered it's basically yours, so the price at the bottom of the sales order is basically what you'll be paying
Old 12-14-2016, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by erwheezy
Hello all new to the forum and looking to purchase/order a new Q7. I looked around and checked all the relevant threads but couldn't really find all the answers i needed. After calling all my local dealers and visiting a few in person I think I have decided on the options for my Q7. When ordering a vehicle do you negotiate the price at the time of order or when the vehicle arrives? Also is there a way to find out which dealership has a better chance of getting a vehicle ordered/allocated the fastest? This is the first time that I will be ordering a vehicle usually there is something in the area that is similar to what I am looking for. Also is there a standard deposit, from the 4-5 dealers I called the deposits range from no deposit all the way to 10%. Thanks in advance.

This is what i'm looking to order

I have checked all over the US and can't find anything similar to this. Reading some of the threads I found that black optics is for sold orders only not really sure what that means.
  • You would negotiate the price at the time of order (make sure they include all of the "fees" and taxes in the quote you get so you don't get any surprises).
  • The only pricing items that would change at the time of delivery would be any Audi incentives that might apply (those aren't know at the time of order) and your interest rate if you finance.
  • The 10% deposit seems way to high, but I'd be willing to give them up to $3,000. Your deposit should be refundable, and I'd verify that at the time of ordering. You don't want to be stuck with a non-refundable deposit in the event they can't place an order in a reasonable time or there are issues when the car is built.
  • To find out if a dealer is able to deliver a vehicle relatively soon, as opposed to taking your order and hoping, ask them to show you their allocation on-line and highlight which vehicles have not yet been frozen to changes and could be modified to meet your specifications.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CoMeader
  • You would negotiate the price at the time of order (make sure they include all of the "fees" and taxes in the quote you get so you don't get any surprises).
  • The only pricing items that would change at the time of delivery would be any Audi incentives that might apply (those aren't know at the time of order) and your interest rate if you finance.
  • The 10% deposit seems way to high, but I'd be willing to give them up to $3,000. Your deposit should be refundable, and I'd verify that at the time of ordering. You don't want to be stuck with a non-refundable deposit in the event they can't place an order in a reasonable time or there are issues when the car is built.
  • To find out if a dealer is able to deliver a vehicle relatively soon, as opposed to taking your order and hoping, ask them to show you their allocation on-line and highlight which vehicles have not yet been frozen to changes and could be modified to meet your specifications.
Thanks alot. Great info. Hoping to finish christmas shopping sooner than later so i can come in and place an order.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a semi loaded Prestige and they only wanted $1,000 down.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any reason you're not including the Driver Assistance Package? May be personal preference, but I'll never buy another car without these features.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by titoj19
Any reason you're not including the Driver Assistance Package? May be personal preference, but I'll never buy another car without these features.
That package wasn't really something I think i need. If there was a vehicle in stock and it had everthing i wanted plus DAP I would get it, but I wouldn't include it in my order.