Q7 vs X7 vs GLS

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Expedition/Navigator

Originally Posted by diesel_a6
+1 New Lincoln Navigator
Or new Expedition. Test drove one and I was impressed. Sticker on the Expedition was $77k and you can go North of $80k. Significantly larger than our Q7. Interior was surprisingly nice (Navigator is nicer, based on pics I've seen) and I find it to be good looking on the outside. It drove "larger" than the Q7, by a large order.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Or check out the new Subaru Ascent.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OuttieForLife
Or new Expedition. Test drove one and I was impressed. Sticker on the Expedition was $77k and you can go North of $80k. Significantly larger than our Q7. Interior was surprisingly nice (Navigator is nicer, based on pics I've seen) and I find it to be good looking on the outside. It drove "larger" than the Q7, by a large order.
I considered the expedition, navigator, but found them too large for the four of us, and we never tow. Was also going to cost more the way I would want to option it
Old 04-21-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I test drove the new Navigator. The interior is crazy nice. The front seats is in a league of it's own. However, I took it to Wal-Mart and parked it. It is way large and parking it was a pain.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
I test drove the new Navigator. The interior is crazy nice. The front seats is in a league of it's own. However, I took it to Wal-Mart and parked it. It is way large and parking it was a pain.
Crazy nice as in great for a Lincoln, or crazy nice compared to the Q7? I find that the American luxury vehicles look great when new, but when you look at the details, they leave a lot to be desired. Cheap plastic and leather, poor stitching. Seams not as tight, fit and finish not great, pieces dont come together well and evenly. They start to look a little worn after a few months. German cars on the other hand remain nice and tight after years of use, if looked after.
Maybe things have changed, if so, thats great.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Crazy nice as in, compared to the Q7. The quality is very good. It drives very smooth and very low road noise. It also moves pretty well for the size of the SUV. IMO, I would not pay the price Lincoln was asking. The test model I took out was about $90k. My Q7 MSRP was $85k. Sales person would not budge below $88k. Fully loaded Navigator was over $100k.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by landragon
it was in jest that's why I suggested a minivan because it can hold more stuff compared to a similarly sized suv
No it cannot. Most minivans have very little to no cargo space.

Originally Posted by BigKutta
and frankly no one knows about the interior of the X7.
it will have a very similar interior and tech as the current 7series.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by iconoclast
it will have a very similar interior and tech as the current 7series.
I meant interior space, when compared to the GLS. It may not be as big inside as the GLS
Old 04-22-2018, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by itiongo
Crazy nice as in, compared to the Q7. The quality is very good. It drives very smooth and very low road noise. It also moves pretty well for the size of the SUV. IMO, I would not pay the price Lincoln was asking. The test model I took out was about $90k. My Q7 MSRP was $85k. Sales person would not budge below $88k. Fully loaded Navigator was over $100k.
Good to know. Lets see how resale holds up
Old 04-22-2018, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know how good the history resale value of the Navigator is, but I assume the Q7 will hold a higher resale value.

Quick Reply: Q7 vs X7 vs GLS