Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Radar detector wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Come on guys, do a little search and you will find my photos on how I did mine....
Old 03-31-2016, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
Come on guys, do a little search and you will find my photos on how I did mine....
I've seen your thread and I don't care for the way you did your's. There are other ways that are a little more professional looking.

Your thread does not contain the info I need, so I am asking here.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come along Gentlemen, lets all be friends.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sodar
I've seen your thread and I don't care for the way you did your's. There are other ways that are a little more professional looking.

Your thread does not contain the info I need, so I am asking here.

Wow, not very professional looking? No cord is visible or exposed from the source to the target in my car.

A newbie with less than 4 posts comes here asking for help, then bashes a helper by saying you don't care about the way "you did your's"

You are on your own. Not a good start to be involved in this forum.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, not very professional looking? No cord is visible or exposed from the source to the target in my car.

A newbie with less than 4 posts comes here asking for help, then bashes a helper by saying you don't care about the way "you did your's"

You are on your own. Not a good start to be involved in this forum.
WOW! You are the one coming on here being the keyboard warrior about me not searching for answers. Your actions were pretty inviting and welcoming of new members. Way to set the example!

I'd also like to point out that I assisted ktf524 in finding the Mirror Taps, which is a simple way of connecting these detectors with out wrapping a bare wire around a body bolt.

Thanks for the warm welcome, aquarian.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wlee69
Easiest way with a V1 is buying their power plug that goes into the OBD plug and then you bring a wire up the pillar and across the top of the windshield. Works great and also when you are driving below 30 it mutes the alarms.

Other way I've done it in the past is getting an "add-a-fuse" which basically doing into the fuse panel (usually at the end of the dash), finding a fuse that turns off when the ign is off and then adding the "add-a-fuse" to that power supply.
Thanks! I have a V1 and didn't know about this. I'm going to go this route.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

By looking at the way you type, you may be in your 20's. So I will certainly forgive you.

Regarding the MirrorTap, that's how I wired my detector on my R8 V10, so I know about it very well. The reason why I wired mine this way so I wouldn't have to mess around the mirror assembly, which is far more complicated than a traditional one. And there is certainly nothing wrong with "wrapping a bare wire around a body bolt". It's called a ground wire, lol.

Once again, you will not get very far with your attitude here.

WOW! You are the one coming on here being the keyboard warrior about me not searching for answers. Your actions were pretty inviting and welcoming of new members. Way to set the example!

I'd also like to point out that I assisted ktf524 in finding the Mirror Taps, which is a simple way of connecting these detectors with out wrapping a bare wire around a body bolt.

Thanks for the warm welcome, aquarian.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

By looking at the way you type, you may be in your 20's. So I will certainly forgive you.

Regarding the MirrorTap, that's how I wired my detector on my R8 V10, so I know about it very well. The reason why I wired mine this way so I wouldn't have to mess around the mirror assembly, which is far more complicated than a traditional one. And there is certainly nothing wrong with "wrapping a bare wire around a body bolt". It's called a ground wire, lol.

Once again, you will not get very far with your attitude here.
You are the one that started this whole thing. I am sorry that I do not care for your installation. I did not realize it would strike such a soft spot with you. Carry on and enjoy.

I also appreciate your concern, but I am certain that I will do just fine around here.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You are the one that started this whole thing. I am sorry that I do not care for your installation. I did not realize it would strike such a soft spot with you. Carry on and enjoy.

I also appreciate your concern, but I am certain that I will do just fine around here.
Wait a second, I just realized that you don't even have the Q7, yet you are here being like an ***. You are not even an owner. Wow.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Ok, that's enough of the personal, disparaging, back and forth comments guys. Let's keep it civil and respectful.

Quick Reply: Radar detector wiring