Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Safety and Pre Sense System Failures

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safety and Pre Sense System Failures

Car just started producing a safety system failure (airbag symbol lights up yellow in dash) and pre sense system failure message on start up. Anyone else have this problem? Just picked it up yesterday, but now it looks like I have to take it back to the dealer. Sigh.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to add this to the Q7 issues experienced- thread below.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

This happened to me when first got the car. Took in. Audi had them reboot the software (you can't do this on your own) and that fixed the problems.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by baltfan
This happened to me when first got the car. Took in. Audi had them reboot the software (you can't do this on your own) and that fixed the problems.
Thanks for the info. Luckily, it hasn't stopped us from enjoying the car...
Old 04-28-2016, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mrho888
Car just started producing a safety system failure (airbag symbol lights up yellow in dash) and pre sense system failure message on start up. Anyone else have this problem? Just picked it up yesterday, but now it looks like I have to take it back to the dealer. Sigh.
My wife 2017 Q7 got a rock chip and cracked the windshield. I had the windshield replaced at the dealership... after everything was said and done I got a "pre-sense restricted" message. Long story short, the "camera"/sensor mount (behind which is on behind the rear view mirror) had a fault, most likely mis-aligned. After the techs tried realigning/calibrating... the fault would re-appear.

So Audi had to order a new camera/sensor.... remounted it and now its good to go.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deckhand
My wife 2017 Q7 got a rock chip and cracked the windshield. I had the windshield replaced at the dealership... after everything was said and done I got a "pre-sense restricted" message. Long story short, the "camera"/sensor mount (behind which is on behind the rear view mirror) had a fault, most likely mis-aligned. After the techs tried realigning/calibrating... the fault would re-appear.

So Audi had to order a new camera/sensor.... remounted it and now its good to go.

Hope this helps.
May I ask how much the OEM windshield replacement costs?

My Q7 has two minor chips, I am going to try to repair it with the kit, but I want to be prepared for the possible replacement in the future (one of my previous cars had small chips first then became a long crack line).
Old 05-21-2016, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was a bit sad to see the Audi not score as high as the Volvo on the safety assist features. This link is a good way to see them in action though.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mrho888
Had this. Was just a software reset. Dealer has to do it. You can't.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaywagenaar
Was a bit sad to see the Audi not score as high as the Volvo on the safety assist features. This link is a good way to see them in action though.

[CRASH TEST] 2016 Audi Q7 vs 2016 Volvo XC90 - YouTube
On the other hand check out how the q7 performed on the IIHS small overlap test. Xc90 got top marques with a cool feature where the wheel fell off and the cars structures were never tested, Q7 got full points from a full stop, this is one safe car, so you dont need the assistance systems!

Old 05-21-2016, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by deckhand

Hope this helps.
I was thinking about this lately. I been looking online to see if there was any windshield protector but I couldnt find nothing.

How much was there repair if you do not mind me asking?

Quick Reply: Safety and Pre Sense System Failures