Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Safety Systems Warning Light! Lane Assist Failure.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Safety Systems Warning Light! Lane Assist Failure.

The Active Lane Assist stopped working on my 10 day old Q7 and now the Safety Systems Warning symbol is on. ACC works perfectly, but the Traffic Jam Assist is also obviously not working. Unfortunately, my dealer is 100 miles away. Anyone experience this warning light and would an OBD reading easily correct the situation.

The funny thing is that after using other Lane Assist systems I didn't think I was going to use it, but the Audi system is very subtle...not quite up to Tesla, but very good.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked mine up Thursday last week and had the same thing happen including the Front Airbag light remaining on. Took it into the dealer this morning and had it back with a software update this afternoon. Everything is back to working with the airbag light off. Sorry your dealer is so far away, but worth getting software update and errors cleared. I learned from my last vehicle how important it is to have every glitch and day in service logged in case you need to go down the route of Lemon Law to get a replacement.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kennyw
I picked mine up Thursday last week and had the same thing happen including the Front Airbag light remaining on. Took it into the dealer this morning and had it back with a software update this afternoon. Everything is back to working with the airbag light off. Sorry your dealer is so far away, but worth getting software update and errors cleared. I learned from my last vehicle how important it is to have every glitch and day in service logged in case you need to go down the route of Lemon Law to get a replacement.
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping it's as simple as an update. I'll be in PHX where my dealer is on Friday, but with my kids and a software update should be quick.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S-pack
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping it's as simple as an update. I'll be in PHX where my dealer is on Friday, but with my kids and a software update should be quick.
Thank you Kennyw! It was indeed a 'software update' and quick fix.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S-pack
Thank you Kennyw! It was indeed a 'software update' and quick fix.
Glad it all worked out ok. Nothing more disheartening than having our brand new babies already have problems. Fingers crossed for smooth sailing from here on out. I sure love my Florett Silver Q7...now one week old.