Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Yep. If Audi decides to buy back my Q7, I would purchase another in a heartbeat. To me, there isn't anything that comes close to what the Q7 is capable of. The vehicle looks great, drives great, has decent power/towing capacity, great tech, not too big and not too small. If only that dam SQ7 would come to USA.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I researched and waited for mine almost 2 years before the MLB platform was introduced, but Audi USA is killing me over something that should clearly been replaced according the to the numerous experts I've consulted, but they prefer to stick their heads in the sand.

Range Rover Velar or the upcoming Jaguar J Pace (7 seats) are interesting alternatives. I'd also consider the all new '18 Cayenne which shares the same, albeit heavily modified, platform etc.

But I'd really prefer Audi USA does the right thing by the customer...as overall its a great platform and I'd like to remain loyal to the brand.

Last edited by RJC 1; 10-20-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Do you guys take your vehicles to the dealers you bought it from or go to a closer/local dealer? How is Audi dealers with warranty service on vehicles bought from other dealers? No questions asked, or like BMW "you didn't buy it from us, so we can't give you an appointment until 2 months later...".
Old 10-20-2017, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Do you guys take your vehicles to the dealers you bought it from or go to a closer/local dealer? How is Audi dealers with warranty service on vehicles bought from other dealers? No questions asked, or like BMW "you didn't buy it from us, so we can't give you an appointment until 2 months later...".
I take it to my local Audi dealer. I'm assuming it'd be better to take it somewhere else other than the dealer you purchased it from, this way the dealer you didn't purchase it from could be like, "You should have purchased it from us.".
Old 10-20-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I've found the dealership to be more accommodating than Audi USA, but once Audi USA becomes involved the dealership must abide by what Audi tells them to do.

If I had to do things all over again, I most likely would not purchase the Q7, not because it isn't a great vehicle, but because Audi still does not admit when there are certain problems even after VAG got slammed for lying!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by justhatguy
Mine is coming out tomorrow. “Collapsed bushing in lower control arm” they said. I’ll keep you posted on the details of the paperwork.
Any updates for us? Thx.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default fixed

looks like the replacing of the guide link bushings fixed the problem
Old 10-26-2017, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jk06a8
👍😎
Anybody know whether a 2018 built in the last few months would have the updated guide link bushings?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jk06a8
I suspected something in the control arms so this makes sense. Can someone pls post the paperwork for the repair? Thx
Old 10-26-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default copy

will try and do tomorrow

Quick Reply: Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End