AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jk06a8
will try and do tomorrow
Thanks
Old 10-27-2017, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

My Q7 is still having issues regarding the Adaptive chassis not responding. The TSB issue has not even been addressed yet for my Q7. It's good to hear that dealers are not dismissing this clicking issue.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default shot of the service tab

here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End-img_0980.jpg  
Old 10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sweet, this should help everyone with an uninformed or difficult dealer. Thank you jk06a8.

Last edited by RJC 1; 10-27-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hope it helps

no problem! good luck guys
Old 10-27-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am having a horrible time getting anything fixed on our Q7. Every time we bring up an issue, dealer comes back saying they cant replicate. This front end suspension noise is one of those issues. I hear it every time I back out of my driveway but somehow the dealer cant replicate. Im also curious if the lower control arms is also the cause for the lateral movement I feel when I hit a manhole cover. I've been in their loaner Q7's and know for a fact that something is up with our vehicle, but multiple dealerships have disregarded it. Ive spent so much time at the dealership in the last 18 months of ownership than I have ever had before combined.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manguyen
I am having a horrible time getting anything fixed on our Q7. Every time we bring up an issue, dealer comes back saying they cant replicate. This front end suspension noise is one of those issues. I hear it every time I back out of my driveway but somehow the dealer cant replicate. Im also curious if the lower control arms is also the cause for the lateral movement I feel when I hit a manhole cover. I've been in their loaner Q7's and know for a fact that something is up with our vehicle, but multiple dealerships have disregarded it. Ive spent so much time at the dealership in the last 18 months of ownership than I have ever had before combined.
One thing I do if I am ever concerned about my dealer not hearing a noise with the famous "we cannot replicate" is to be sure and drive to your appointment a good 30 min early or if its nearby on another day prior. Drive around the dealership and find some specific areas (driveways, road joints, slopes etc. etc.) that you can create the sound every time. Then be sure when your appointment time arrives, schedule so you can take a drive with the shop foreman or lead tech and take him/her to those exact spots. They will never be able to say they cannot replicate as you are with them and the locations you pre-scouted out will show the cars issues without fault. Good luck, hope things get better.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manguyen
Jeez...Audi these days reminds me of the way car dealers were in the 70's when there was a problem they did not want to fix, always saying things like : "They all do that".

Show them the service repair order that was posted.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default video

i actually would take a phone video with sound of the problems sometimes. would help on certain things.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jk06a8
here you go.
Thank you so much for posting this. Add me to the list getting new bushings. My dealer confirmed it today.

Quick Reply: Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End