Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Speaker Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Rattle

Does any one else have an issue with their speakers rattling during a bluetooth phone calls? I only notice it on phone calls. I have the bluetooth volume all the way up on my phone. I find the volume on calls to be low and have to have the system volume at 80%+.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I also have my phone's bluetooth on all the way up. I don't notice any rattle on my B&O speakers. Perhaps what you are hearing is distortion and not rattle?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tpgunn
Does any one else have an issue with their speakers rattling during a bluetooth phone calls? I only notice it on phone calls. I have the bluetooth volume all the way up on my phone. I find the volume on calls to be low and have to have the system volume at 80%+.
Do you have base Audi, Bose, or B&O? What are all your sound settings on the phone and MMI? What phone?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RSQ9
Do you have base Audi, Bose, or B&O? What are all your sound settings on the phone and MMI? What phone?
Sorry about that. I have the Bose system. I have an Iphone 7 Plus. I have the sounds settings on the MMI at factory defaults.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by itiongo
I also have my phone's bluetooth on all the way up. I don't notice any rattle on my B&O speakers. Perhaps what you are hearing is distortion and not rattle?
It definitely seems like a rattle to me. I find I am always playing with the volume on a phone call.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

If it is a rattle, then you should be able to reproduce it with music/vocal sounds from the media/radio.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you guys solve this issue? I picked up two days ago my SQ7 and Iphone SE over BT is crap. I also have BOSE. Volume all the way up and it quite and rattling. When I needed to charge I connected lightning cable to USB. Phone switched voice over the cable and it was perfect. Nevertheless I want BT working same way. Maybe you have solved that
Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Q7 Speaker Rattle issue

I have the same speaker rattle issue when i connect my phone thru BT and make calls. This happens when input the volume to max. I took my car to the dealer and first they thought it is a speaker issue and changed my BOSE speaker on the dash. But that didn’t resolve the issue. Then they put some kind of material that audi provide to help with the rattle. That did help but it didn’t solve the issue fully (it solve around 80-90%). Then they demonstrated on other Q7 and showed my that it is an issue with most Q7s. I have a written statement from the dealer on that. I am really disappointed that the 2017 Q7 were put into the market this the issue. I expect better quality from Audi!!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same noise / rattle when I use the phone and some types of music, I first thought it was a blown speaker but a friend has a 17 Q7 as well and I heard his make the same noise. My A4 got a recall for a rattling speaker grill, I wonder if we will get a recall on the Q7 soon?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

OK.. getting technical here... I do a lot of work in the Audio recording, as well as in live audio mixing.. the sound and symptoms you describe may not be the speaker at all. What I see being described is what i would call "Over Driving" the inputs.. in other words, the output of the iphone is "too loud" or to high for the input to accept. When this happens, it makes a raspy sound. I have experienced this with devices in audio mixing. Someone has their guitar amp output turned up too much, and it doesn't matter how much i turn down in the speakers, it sounds bad.
The "Fix" in the Audio Mixing world is one of two answers:
1. change the "Pad" on the mixer to allow for higher input
2. lower the output on the guitar.
All that said... in theory, it could be a problem with how the interface is between the iphone output and the input into the audio system. Perfect speakers can still perfectly play a rattle sound.

Quick Reply: Speaker Rattle