Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is there a way to disable or mute the radio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there a way to disable or mute the radio?

Hi all, we have a 2018 Q7 Prestige.

We only use our mobile devices for car audio, connected using either Carplay or Bluetooth, after parking the car I've noticed that the radio will start playing after the phone is disconnected. Most of what I listen to are audiobooks/people talking, so the media volume tends to be on the high side....not a pleasant experience when this cuts over to the radio automatically. I've just been manually muting and unmuting the volume whenever I drive the car...hoping to find a better solution.

I was curious if there was a way to just keep the radio muted or disabled through the options? If not, has anyone gone to the trouble of having a dealer custom code/disable the radio?

Thanks for any ideas
Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Same annoyance here... If you were previously using the Radio (XM,FM,AM) it will come on really loud when you disconnect your smartphone. I've found that if you set the Media to either Bluetooth or Aux (this is what I leave mine on), when you disconnect your phone, the system will default to the last "Media" connection... In my case, Aux... because I have nothing connected, it just goes silent... Hope that helps...
Old 07-30-2018, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Plug your phone in via USB cable and put the audio in Media mode. If you don't want to use USB, unplug it after that and switch to Bluetooth. It will never turn on the radio after that...as mattwhit said, it'll default to the last Media connection used, and if you don't have your phone or you turned off Bluetooth on your phone, it'll expect to find something connected by USB and will just sit there silently with a message that no device is connected.