Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Used up all of my data in less than 7 months!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used up all of my data in less than 7 months!

I suscribed to the Audi connect plan late Dec when my free trial ran out. So, I contacted them and $499 later, I "thought" I had 18 months coverage. I got an email this morning telling me I was almost out of data and my plan would be terminated. It wasn't even 7 months! I only have 10796 miles on the car. I am the only one that uses it. I don't watch movies or surf the net while in my car. no kids or grand kids, either. My music is BT from my phone. I rarely use the NAV for directions because, I usually know where I am headed in advance. Did google maps use all of that data? If not, where the heck did it go?

Since I am addicted to the google map display, I was forced to add the car to my ATT cell bill for another $20 a month. I am pissed off to say the least. I love my car, but hate feeling manipulated like this! I technically gave Audi $499 for something I could have gotten from ATT for $140 and had UNLIMITED Data!

Learning has occurred!

Old 07-05-2017, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

You are referring to two different things here.

Audi Connect Prime, gives your CAR access to internet and google earth and destination searches and all that, and it costs $499/18 months:

Audi Connect Plus, which is on top of your Prime, gives YOU access to internet via in car hotspot for an extra $20/month (or $10 if you go direct to AT&T and have already another plan with them):

So, if YOU ran out of data, that means your trial ran out months later than it should have (6-months). I know it can be confusing to navigate what Audi is selling, but this has been discussed on this forum exhaustively.

Last edited by gsobol; 07-05-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry, but for $499 for 18 months, you only get 6GB to use for the whole 18 months! Once you use 6GB, Audi terminates your plan unless you add to it NOW. I've used 5.8GB in less than 7 months. If I didn't add my car to my cell plan, then I was about to lose my google maps. You can get Google maps with the $20 a month ATT plan with out having to pay Audi anything.

Originally Posted by gsobol
You are referring to two different things here.

Audi Connect Prime, gives your CAR access to internet and google earth and destination searches and all that, and it costs $499/18 months:

Audi Connect Plus, which is on top of your Prime, gives YOU access to internet via in car hotspot for an extra $20/month (or $10 if you direct to AT&T and have already another plan with them):

So, if YOU ran out of data, that means your trial ran out month later than it should have (6-months). I know it can be confusing to navigate what Audi is selling, but this has been discussed on this forum exhaustively.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

From Audi:

We’re thrilled that you’ve been getting so much use out of your Audi connect services brought to you by AT&T. As a friendly reminder, you have now used 80% of your total data plan. To avoid an interruption in your service, purchase an additional data plan today.

If you exceed your current data plan, and do not have an additional plan in reserve or auto renew set up, you will lose access to Google Earth™ 3D satellite imagery, mobile Wi-Fi® hotspot for up to eight passenger devices, Google Voice™ Local Search* and your other Audi connect services.**

To purchase a new plan, simply:†
Click here.

Last edited by Laters; 07-05-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Laters
From Audi:

We’re thrilled that you’ve been getting so much use out of your Audi connect services brought to you by AT&T. As a friendly reminder, you have now used 80% of your total data plan. To avoid an interruption in your service, purchase an additional data plan today.

If you exceed your current data plan, and do not have an additional plan in reserve or auto renew set up, you will lose access to Google Earth™ 3D satellite imagery, mobile Wi-Fi® hotspot for up to eight passenger devices, Google Voice™ Local Search* and your other Audi connect services.**

To purchase a new plan, simply:†
Click here.
Yeah, you fell for the oldest trick in the book. Scare tactics. Included with your Connect Prime is an introductory offer of 6GB total Connect Plus. Once you go over 6GB, you loose your hotspot capability unless you subscribe to Plus, HOWEVER you do not loose all other services provided by your Prime subscription which includes Google Earth, etc.