Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS mods on 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A7777
I am interested in shutting off that annoying start stop, is this the procedure you followed
- module 09-Cent. Elec.
- enter Security Code (shown up by default) (mine i 20113)
- Adaptation, Type Channel 34 and hit Read button, it should show the factory default number.
subtract 4 to the value --> Start&Stop always disabled
add 32 to the value --> remember last status
- test & save
Just out of curiosity how were you able to get your security code..Ive often come up on the code when I try to modify some sections and I never knew my code.. I know the code can be different depending on what module you are in etc.. but where can I calculate or find my code ?
Old 08-23-2016, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmike52
Does everyone realize that when you take your car in for servicing, the first thing done is to confirm the integrity of the sw. Any mods will be reset. I confirmed this with the head of the service dept. at Tyson's Audi.
Not in the UK they dont. Mine is never touched. Its only reset if they carry out GFF (Guided Fault Finding) which then alerts them of a change to the coding. Only then can they choose to reset it or leave it. Its down to the dealer.

Its 7 years of taking Audi's to my dealer never once has anything been reset and I've retrofitted TV tuners, ECU maps, coding.. all sorts.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am interested in shutting off that annoying start stop, is this the procedure you followed
- module 09-Cent. Elec.
- Adaptation, Type Channel 34 and hit Read button, it should show the factory default number.
- test & save
Its different on the Q7 4M. I'll dig it out. I think I found it.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by martin23
I have been able to code in the lap timer, needle sweep , sport display from the R8 with the g force meter and power/ torque % meter. I have been able to code in the color light menu but the LED's are different in the Premium Plus compared to the Prestige model so they do not work. the doors only light up red because the LED was designed too. The Prestige have RGB LED's in the interior. I have coded the sunroof too close with remote and pop open with remote shade functions with opening and closing. I have also coded the headlight LED's to dim to shut off when turn signal comes on compared to just shutting of instantly. i have not been able to fully disable the wink. Ill post pics and video soon
any chance of sharing any of this stuff? Video you mentioned? or is it BS?
Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

- module 09-Cent. Elec.
- test & save
Yes but the new Q7 4M doesn't have channel readings in adaptation. It has the drop down menu.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Metzga
Yes but the new Q7 4M doesn't have channel readings in adaptation. It has the drop down menu.
Metzga is absolutely right. You cant do channel readings on the new Q7. I have found the Start/Stop deactivation. Just need to test it works then can post coding.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmike52
Does everyone realize that when you take your car in for servicing, the first thing done is to confirm the integrity of the sw. Any mods will be reset. I confirmed this with the head of the service dept. at Tyson's Audi.
You may want a new service guy in that case because this is not true. My S6 has a few changes made (early/late lane intervention, change default active cruise distance, lap timer) and it all 'sticks' during services and updates including ECU, TCU and MMI updates I have had performed.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andyhud
Metzga is absolutely right. You cant do channel readings on the new Q7. I have found the Start/Stop deactivation. Just need to test it works then can post coding.
That would be great, thank you!
I found some other coding as well:

Change blinker cycles
46 central conv.
Adaption
Turn signal control-freeway flashing: flashing cycles
Old value is 3 (for 3 blinks)
I changed it to 4

Double beep on unlocking
46 central conv.
Adaption
sounder_settings-beeptime_opening_central_locking
change from NO_BEEP to DOUBLE_BEEP

I also increased the ventilation of the front seats (up to 10% per level) and the shut off speed for the parking system. I just have to double check where the adaptions are...
Old 08-25-2016, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

One mod I'd really like to see is the ability to use the touchpad number buttons 1 through 8 for Nav destinations, phone numbers, and MMI setting pages. This is something that apparently is enabled in Europe but locked out in the US for some reason.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Metzga
That would be great, thank you!
I found some other coding as well:

Change blinker cycles
46 central conv.
Adaption
Turn signal control-freeway flashing: flashing cycles
Old value is 3 (for 3 blinks)
I changed it to 4

Double beep on unlocking
46 central conv.
Adaption
sounder_settings-beeptime_opening_central_locking
change from NO_BEEP to DOUBLE_BEEP

I also increased the ventilation of the front seats (up to 10% per level) and the shut off speed for the parking system. I just have to double check where the adaptions are...
Thanks for sharing. I had the double beep already (as beeping on lock/unlock is disbaled in Europe but I figured the coding to enable it.

I'll test the blinker cycle!

Quick Reply: VCDS mods on 2017 Q7