Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS mods on 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
Has anyone been able to get the gear positions to appear when in automatic transmission mode; just like we see them when in M/Manual mode using the paddle shifters? It would be cool to see what gear it is in when cruising in auto. I've seen references to it in multiple posts but nothing concrete with codes posted.
Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS
[02 – Auto Trans] [Adaptation – 10]
Select “Single Gear Display” from top channel drop down menu
Select “D on/S on” from New value drop down menu
Old 09-11-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone tried using ARC (app runtime with chrome) on a mac or Pc to use the obdeleven app without having an actual android device? I would think you could still pair with it and then use the app via chrome.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Has anyone tried using ARC (app runtime with chrome) on a mac or Pc to use the obdeleven app without having an actual android device? I would think you could still pair with it and then use the app via chrome.
I tried briefly and didn't have any luck getting it to run in ARC/Chrome under MacOS El Capitan.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jetjock3315
Just received the new OBDEleven and entered the following change:

Enable Automatic PDC Front
[09 – Central Elect.] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Bye 37
Check Bit 1

The front sensors are now triggered when I pull into the garage and approach an obstacle.

Only the graphic with sensor "bars" flashing pop up on the main MMI screen. I wish there was a way to trigger the 360 camera view as well.

Also activated the following as well:

Disable seat belt chime
Instruments 17
Adaption 10
In drop down menu choose Deactivate seat belt chime
Change Deactivate seat belt from NO to YES

Needle sweep in virtual cockpit
Instruments 17
Coding 07
Long coding
Byte 1
Bit 0 activate/check

Enable lap timer
Instruments 17
Coding 07
Long coding
Byte 1
Bit 3 activate/check

Fairly easy to figure out how to enter these coding changes, so no need to wait for (or puchase) the "apps". There is only the VIM app currently for the Q7 and it is 100 credits ($14.99)

OBDEleven is definitely worth the $60, especially since I also own a 2012 A6.

Thanks to OP (Metzga) for this thread.
Once you set the Front parking, did you need to reboot the MMI? I nervously attempted this change the other day, and when I put the vehicle in reverse, no camera came on. Radio stayed on the MMI screen. Panicked and deleted the new setting and the backup camera works as expected. Never got around to testing whether the front parking sensors worked after I had turned them on.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
If your Q7 has the HUD, you can code it to enable the Lap Timer function, which when selected, will display the gear on the HUD: S1-8 or D1-8 depending on mode.

Module 17 (instruments) --> coding --> Long coding helper --> byte 1 --> check box on bit 3 --> DO IT!
I tried this on ours and it does not show up in the HUD However it does show gear info in the VC. I've tried starting the lap timer to see if it would trigger it to show up but nothing. If Nav is not on, only speed shows up in HUD. Anything else special I need to do or enable?
Old 09-18-2016, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GDawgA4
I tried this on ours and it does not show up in the HUD However it does show gear info in the VC. I've tried starting the lap timer to see if it would trigger it to show up but nothing. If Nav is not on, only speed shows up in HUD. Anything else special I need to do or enable?
On mine, it does show the gear in the HUD, but only if the lap timer is running (not just selected). And you lose a bunch of other info (ALA/ACC display, Nav, etc), so really pretty useless to me as I'm not planning taking my Q7 to the track. :-)
Old 09-18-2016, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetjock3315
Just received the new OBDEleven and entered the following change:

Enable Automatic PDC Front
[09 – Central Elect.] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Bye 37
Check Bit 1

The front sensors are now triggered when I pull into the garage and approach an obstacle.

Only the graphic with sensor "bars" flashing pop up on the main MMI screen. I wish there was a way to trigger the 360 camera view as well.
jetjock, thanks for posting this!

Enabled the automatic front parking sensors both in my Q7 and another forum member's Q7 today. Awesome!

Do you know where you found the coding for this? I'm wondering if the same is possible in the B8/B8.5 cars, specifically for our '14 Q5 (the coding posted above only worked in '17 Q7 but not in '14 Q5...)

Thanks again!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
On mine, it does show the gear in the HUD, but only if the lap timer is running (not just selected). And you lose a bunch of other info (ALA/ACC display, Nav, etc), so really pretty useless to me as I'm not planning taking my Q7 to the track. :-)
I tried it with it running too and nothing. Just wanted to see it work. If lap timer has to be active in VC for it to display then it is pretty useless.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep.. same here in UK
Old 09-23-2016, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andyhud
Yes, VIM works with a device called ODBEleven and with VCP and a ZDC file. Not possible in VCDS yet
Do you know what codes to change using OBDEleven?

Quick Reply: VCDS mods on 2017 Q7