Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS mods on 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bengtc
Do you know what codes to change using OBDEleven?
I have not seen coding published anywhere to do it manually in OBD11. But there is an OBD11 app for it that costs 100 credits which is something like around $10-11 bucks. Or you can earn credits by watching ads.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickObe
I have not seen coding published anywhere to do it manually in OBD11. But there is an OBD11 app for it that costs 100 credits which is something like around $10-11 bucks. Or you can earn credits by watching ads.
I checked with the team directly, and the only way is via the 100 credits "app" inside the ODBEleven app. What that is doing is writing directly into the EEPROM of the module so there is no way of doing it under normal "coding" that we used too.

HTH

Andy
Old 09-23-2016, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

ahh ic thanks for the info!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ancillary question: What is the purpose of being able to play a movie on the MMI screen? I just learned the other day that it is possible. Yet, I doubt the kids can see it from the back seat, and I wouldn't want it playing while I drive. So then, what's the purpose of it?
Old 09-23-2016, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Ancillary question: What is the purpose of being able to play a movie on the MMI screen? I just learned the other day that it is possible. Yet, I doubt the kids can see it from the back seat, and I wouldn't want it playing while I drive. So then, what's the purpose of it?
So your passenger can enjoy a movie...........
Old 09-23-2016, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Not that I'm endorsing it, but it also enables the parts of AudiConnect that are normally locked while the car is moving.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ding ding ding.. and that is the right answer..
Old 09-24-2016, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Not that I'm endorsing it, but it also enables the parts of AudiConnect that are normally locked while the car is moving.
This is a good and helpful fact for the existence of the mod. But I really am curious about why Audi decided to design the MMI so that movies can be played, without the mod and while the car is stationary, on a monitor that is really only convenient to the front passengers.

It's just such a limited use case that it seems odd that Audi would design it this way. Maybe the media player in the glovebox accepts DVDs because they hold more data than CDs, and it is really designed as a data transfer mechanism, with the ability to play movies an ancillary "benefit"?

Whatever, no big deal. Just strikes me as an odd choice by Audi.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road sign recognition

Does anybody know how activate next options:
1. Comfortable sitting. It is just for comfortable seat with position member. When you switch off an ignition your seat goes back. When you switch on an ignition your seat come back.
2. Road sign recognition with front lane assist camera. You can see the speed limit signs on your dashboard and HUD if installed.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

My daughter can see the MMI screen from the passenger seat behind me. I will play her movies when I am too lazy to fire up the wifi hard drive and Ipad. My wife says it's a distraction to me while I'm driving. Its not because believe me when I say, there is no way I am interested in watching Paw Patrol while I am driving. I have learned to block out every kids cartoon regardless of where I am or what I am doing.

I thought VIM would allow the Audi connect news to show the full news feed while I am moving. It doesn't. Not a big deal once I found the voice read back feature. Which works awesome.

Quick Reply: VCDS mods on 2017 Q7