Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS mods on 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys, im in the UK and the same situation. 2016 Q7 4M. I have a Hex-Net interface and using VCDS 16.5.1 Beta with latest firmware however all I've been able to do is do Needle Sweep / Disable Seat Belt Chime and Lap timer. The reason we can do these is because they are the same codings as the old Q7 4L and other Audi variants

I've looked through nearly every Adaption in every module for things that could be changed but I'm either not sure or too scared to change anything without knowing.

I'd love to enable Alarm chirp on lock/unlock for example which is enabled in the US by default but not the UK

This guy here Germany has apparently cracked more options but won't share how: stemei.de .Fahrzeugcodierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - Audi Q7 4M - Fahrzeug Codierungen, Webdesign
Old 05-27-2016, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andyhud
Hi Guys, im in the UK and the same situation. 2016 Q7 4M. I have a Hex-Net interface and using VCDS 16.5.1 Beta with latest firmware however all I've been able to do is do Needle Sweep / Disable Seat Belt Chime and Lap timer. The reason we can do these is because they are the same codings as the old Q7 4L and other Audi variants

I've looked through nearly every Adaption in every module for things that could be changed but I'm either not sure or too scared to change anything without knowing.

I'd love to enable Alarm chirp on lock/unlock for example which is enabled in the US by default but not the UK

This guy here Germany has apparently cracked more options but won't share how: stemei.de .Fahrzeugcodierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - Audi Q7 4M - Fahrzeug Codierungen, Webdesign
hey andy, would love to help but I think the alarm coding might be in module 46 (based on my notes for B8/8.5 that had to do with warning and beeps)... which HEX-CAN can't access due to hardware limitations per RT.

Best bet would be to try to compare module 46 long coding with a US car that has it standard. (Might try PMing "hcubed" on the RT forum to see if he can rerun scan using latest beta or see if someone here can chime in with their module 46 coding.)
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey asm777, no problem understood

I can access Module 46 with my Hex-Net on latest firmware and VCDS 16.5.1 but I just dont know what to change on it.

Indeed, if someone can share their US long coding (I'll check Ross-Tech also) for that module then I'm happy to compare and investigate!

If anyone here can get their 46 coding on a 2017 Q7 in the states and send to me it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

andy
Old 05-30-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Guys,
Im here in Southern California (Orange County) with a new 2017 Q7. I've been looking for anyone who could help with VAG COM mods on my Q7. Mainly the seat belt chimes (to keep my sanity and the wife from complaining!) and some other items. The VAG that a friend in town has will not read the new 2017. Any input or direction is greatly appreciated.

Out of all the Audis I've had (S4, Allroad, A6, A4, Q7 TDI) man, this one is LOUD!

Thanks - Dave
Old 05-30-2016, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dc1430
Hi Guys,
Im here in Southern California (Orange County) with a new 2017 Q7. I've been looking for anyone who could help with VAG COM mods on my Q7. Mainly the seat belt chimes (to keep my sanity and the wife from complaining!) and some other items. The VAG that a friend in town has will not read the new 2017. Any input or direction is greatly appreciated.

Out of all the Audis I've had (S4, Allroad, A6, A4, Q7 TDI) man, this one is LOUD!

Thanks - Dave
Which one is louder? The seat belt chime or the complaining wife
The following users liked this post:
calculi (11-07-2019)
Old 05-31-2016, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dc1430
Hi Guys,

Thanks - Dave
Assuming it's the HEX-CAN cable, there is an updated beta version of the VCDS software with revised firmware that can read *most* of the Q7's systems (note that the firmware update makes it incompatible with previous versions of the VCDS software). Per RT, doesn't seem that it will be able to read *all* of the Q7's modules due to hardware limitations.

In actuality, there are currently only a handful of tweaks even known to the Q7 community...

See if your friend wants to update his cable or PM me if you want to drive up to LA.

Originally Posted by ven7782
Which one is louder? The seat belt chime or the complaining wife
Old 06-03-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

yep, there are very few mods at the moment and I'm trying to crack them here in the UK with HEx-NET and VCDS 16.5.1

Security Codes dont work from older cars, no long coding helpers, so its back to comparing Long codings for cars that do/dont have features installed and checking differences.

The only things we as a community can do at the moment is Needle Sweep / Seat Belt Chime and Lap Timer and that is only because they are exactly the same codings as the old Q7.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

@andyhud, do UK cars do the DRL "wink"?

The two mods I want to most figure out are:
1) Disable DRL "wink" with turn signals
2) Enable ambient footwell lighting / ambient lighting color

Re: Lap Timer... I couldn't get it to work but I may try again (the reports of it working are with Vision Package that has the full screen DIS vs the analog dials).
Old 06-03-2016, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey mate, yes we have the DRL wink here too. Easy to disable in old cars but not cracked it in the new Q7 yet. I also have the matrix headlights so it could be even another code there if you have Matrix or not.

I assume you want to enable Ambient lighting and you dont have the ambient light pack installed. Is that right?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

It would be nice to also disable the dimming of the LED lights in the headlight housing when the headlights are on. Apparently the led strips dim when you turn on the headlights.

Quick Reply: VCDS mods on 2017 Q7