Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Who else can't access Audi Connect from the car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Who else can't access Audi Connect from the car?

So after I have successfully activated the Audi Connect for the special services, I can no longer get into the Audi Connect page in the car. It just shows "Please Wait".

For those that have activated Audi Connect, are you still able to get back into the menu?

I know a couple of you have the same issue, but I would like to know if there are solutions out there from the dealer.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
So after I have successfully activated the Audi Connect for the special services, I can no longer get into the Audi Connect page in the car. It just shows "Please Wait".

For those that have activated Audi Connect, are you still able to get back into the menu?

I know a couple of you have the same issue, but I would like to know if there are solutions out there from the dealer.
Have you seen the thread on this forum regarding this issue - quite a few posts which may be helpful regarding this.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...nnect-2895759/
Old 02-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe we are having the same issue I have had my car since last week and everything has worked fine (except the dealer not knowing how to start my trial) until today. On the Audi connect it says "please wait" and when selecting google earth in maps it says "checking license" and stays there. I did a quick google earlier and found a thread in the regular q7 forum already started on this issue which should be in here I suppose.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-work-2895114/
Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah I have seen that thread. A couple of people other than me reported the same thing without a good solution. Looks like Audi is working on it.

Originally Posted by zekeman
Have you seen the thread on this forum regarding this issue - quite a few posts which may be helpful regarding this.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...nnect-2895759/
Old 02-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tried another factory reset today to no avail. Called Audi to see if they knew anything and they are closed to attend the national meeting. Atleast now I know why they told me they were going to call me back today. Not impressed.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got ahold of someone at Audi connect support. They said my vehicle is one of 400 affected by an outage in Audi Germany and there is no estimate on a fix.......wow.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink17Q7
Just got ahold of someone at Audi connect support. They said my vehicle is one of 400 affected by an outage in Audi Germany and there is no estimate on a fix.......wow.
Wow, it would be interesting to know how ~400 cars are affected by an outage in Audi Germany. The connectivity must be amazing.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Wow, it would be interesting to know how ~400 cars are affected by an outage in Audi Germany. The connectivity must be amazing.
Yeah I thought she was joking at first especially when she said "and there is no estimate on when it will be fixed" hopefully there will be some sort of credit for this. Hopefully the support team enjoys their vacation sounds like they are gonna have some bad calls when they get back.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did the factory reset as well. Here are my observations:

1) Previously when the screen would get stuck at "Please Wait", the LTE icon was missing on the bottom left.
2) After the factory reset, the LTE icon came back. Please note, when I first received the car from the dealer, the LTE icon was present. It went missing after I successfully activated Audi Connect.
3) Before I activated Audi Connect, my car has a bunch of services like weather, news, traffic, etc. Now nothing is available.
4) There is no more "Please Wait" when I go into Audi Connect under car menu.
5) Now, Google Maps is not working, and anything under Audi Connect isn't working. It's just stuck at "checking licensing" or something like that.
6) Now my iphone app can't connect to the car anymore. It says "your authorizations are currently deactivated. Please check your account on the myAudi portal."

FUN.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I concur with the post by aquarian. I am getting the same thing.

Quick Reply: Who else can't access Audi Connect from the car?