Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Will I regret buying Carrara White?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I regret buying Carrara White?

Ordered my Prestige today but in Carrara White because I couldn't find a Glacier White Metallic.

Then, to compare, went to a dealer yesterday and saw the beautiful orca black metallic.

I haven't seen a Carrara in person. Will I regret not getting metallic every time I see one passing by?
Old 07-05-2016, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like white and live in a hot climate you won't regret it.
I ordered Tofana white sight unseen.
Personally, I think the Carrera white doesn't shown the body lines well enough. I am hoping the tofana does a better job of that.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Glacier Metallic is now an option on the US build website.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

According to my wife, who's Q7 it is anyway, Glacier white makes the car look dirty all the time. Carrera when it gets dirty looks like glacier. Looking at the metallics, I can't tell the difference between a metallic finish or the Carrara white until you get very close up. We love our Carrara white Q7.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Glacier White is slightly gray compared to Carrara.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by macwm
According to my wife, who's Q7 it is anyway, Glacier white makes the car look dirty all the time. Carrera when it gets dirty looks like glacier. Looking at the metallics, I can't tell the difference between a metallic finish or the Carrara white until you get very close up. We love our Carrara white Q7.
I'm not sure I agree with that - Glacier is doesn't look dirty at all -- the metallic is VERY subtle, the main difference is the white has a bluer tint to it. In my opinion it's the pick of the whites.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Glacier white is a great color. You simply don't just dismiss it as a "Carrara white when it looks dirty" LOL. When Carrara white looks dirty, it just looks dirty. I would never mistake it for Glacier white, let's not kid ourselves.

If anything, I find Carrara white to be less interesting and flatter. Some people like that in a white. It's probably a "purer" white than the other whites on offer in current Audis.

Glacier on the other hand is a metallic type of white with metallic flakes in the paint, and there's an extra shimmer in direct sunlight. Meanwhile, in the shade, it imparts a cooler greyish-bluish tint that looks very classy, and can almost be mistaken for the Suzuka grey that's often found in RS cars. Looks fantastic! I'm generally a fan of colors that look very different under different lighting conditions, and Glacier is one of those. If you're a fan of white but want it to look more interesting under different lighting conditions, it's the way to go. Tofana is too, to a greater extent, though it doesn't have the greyish look in the shade. Carrara looks more or less the same under the bright light or in the shade.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
Glacier white is a great color. You simply don't just dismiss it as a "Carrara white when it looks dirty" LOL. When Carrara white looks dirty, it just looks dirty. I would never mistake it for Glacier white, let's not kid ourselves.

If anything, I find Carrara white to be less interesting and flatter. Some people like that in a white. It's probably a "purer" white than the other whites on offer in current Audis.

Glacier on the other hand is a metallic type of white with metallic flakes in the paint, and there's an extra shimmer in direct sunlight. Meanwhile, in the shade, it imparts a cooler greyish-bluish tint that looks very classy, and can almost be mistaken for the Suzuka grey that's often found in RS cars. Looks fantastic! I'm generally a fan of colors that look very different under different lighting conditions, and Glacier is one of those. If you're a fan of white but want it to look more interesting under different lighting conditions, it's the way to go. Tofana is too, to a greater extent, though it doesn't have the greyish look in the shade. Carrara looks more or less the same under the bright light or in the shade.
Right on. Couldn't agree more.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lapi
Right on. Couldn't agree more.
Me too - of course I'm biased
Old 07-06-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by David Chung
Ordered my Prestige today but in Carrara White because I couldn't find a Glacier White Metallic.

Then, to compare, went to a dealer yesterday and saw the beautiful orca black metallic.

I haven't seen a Carrara in person. Will I regret not getting metallic every time I see one passing by?
I love my Orca Black, but I'm biased.

Quick Reply: Will I regret buying Carrara White?