Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Windshield Washer Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Windshield Washer Fluid

i know this subject has been discuss before. i have been searching but can't seem to find the thread again. so i want to know what do you guys use for the washer fluid is your audis? i have heard that the rain-X leads to the washer pumps to get clogged, any other brand beside oem that you guys use? i did order the nextzett kristallklarr concentrated fluid, but it won't be here till next week, and also this thing does not have an antifreeze so it will freeze during winter times so i'll probably save it till the summer and use it..
Attached Thumbnails Windshield Washer Fluid-51xzkzlsgwl._sl1000_.jpg  
Old 01-05-2018, 06:24 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just purchased some myself, and it is arriving today. I have a full tank of fluid right now, so I will not get a chance to test it for a while. Since I live in So-Cal, we don't have a freeze problem. The reviews on Amazon were amazing.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I use Audi windshield washer fluid. Works/cleans extremely well, holds unfrozen to very low temps (I do not remember what its official temp rating; recently done a lot of driving in -20F-15F and had no issues). My local dealer sells it at ~$4.50 per gallon.If they don't have it in stock I'll get a case ordered on line to last for a long time (at least a year's supply for three vehicles we drive).
https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...73/122153.html
Old 01-05-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
I use Audi windshield washer fluid. Works/cleans extremely well, holds unfrozen to very low temps (I do not remember what its official temp rating; recently done a lot of driving in -20F-15F and had no issues). My local dealer sells it at ~$4.50 per gallon.If they don't have it in stock I'll get a case ordered on line to last for a long time (at least a year's supply for three vehicles we drive).
https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...73/122153.html
yea i just don't feel like driving to the dealer to get it.. hahaha
Old 01-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been using the Nextzett for years now. Not cheap but love it being concentrated and works really well.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Porky, you can just buy the $.99 blue washer fluid and add the Nextzett product to it. That's what I've been doing for a couple years - - works awesome. They've also got a winter-specific product that is quite good. In fact, all their glass products are bordering on outstanding, including the basic glass cleaner known as Windscreen Clear.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Porky, you can just buy the $.99 blue washer fluid and add the Nextzett product to it. That's what I've been doing for a couple years - - works awesome. They've also got a winter-specific product that is quite good. In fact, all their glass products are bordering on outstanding, including the basic glass cleaner known as Windscreen Clear.
oh ok thank you for the advice.. i saw their winter version too but in the review some people say that it still froze.. that's why i got this green one.. also how is the prestone de-icer fluid? has anyone tried that (the yellow/orange color)? any problems? i heard prestone is really good for winter..

Last edited by mrp0rky; 01-05-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

I bet I use about 8 oz a year, so only filled during annual maintenance!
Old 01-06-2018, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

DIY cold weather mix: Distilled water (those tiny spray nozzles get clogged easy), plus vinegar and vodka:

Step 1: Take distilled water in a jug. In a large vessel, add distilled water until the vessel is about ¾ full.

Step 2: Add white vinegar. Fill the rest of the vessel with white vinegar. Leave some space in the container to mix the water and vinegar.

Step 3: Add rubbing alcohol. Add 1 cup of rubbing alcohol or vodka and mix well. Test the alcohol mix by placing outside overnight. If the mixture freezes, you may need to add more alcohol.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vodka has a lot of sugar in it. Not sure that would be OK

Quick Reply: Windshield Washer Fluid