25 years Sport quattro / Technoclassica Essen 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 years Sport quattro / Technoclassica Essen 2008

The end of March 2008 there was the celebration for 25 years Sport quattro at the Technoclassica in Essen (Germany). Stig Blomqvist and Christian Geistdörfer were the special guests.

There were 5 Sport quattros and 1 SWB Rallye quattro (Röhrl /Geistdörfer Monte Carlo 1985) in the Audi presentation.

The black Sport quattro is a repainted red one. Together with the red one, the green one and the Rallye car they belong to Audi.

The white one and the blue one belong to members of the international Audi Sport quattro Club.

I hope you will like some of the pictures.

Regards
Urs<ul><li><a href="http://www.quattroclub.de/index.php?NEWS_ARCHIV:April_2008:25_Jahre_Sport_qu attro_-_ein_Jubil%E4um_mit_Familiencharakter">Some pictures</a></li></ul>
Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 AM

Default Re: 25 years Sport quattro / Technoclassica Essen 2008

plus a little movie from Audi TV :-) .<ul><li><a href="http://tv.audi.de/index.aspx?lan=de&amp;vid=2101&amp;skiplink=1&amp; q=3">Movie</a></li></ul>
Old 04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default They better not drive them.. all the parts are NLA.. ::)... kind of disgusting how...

Audi has the ***** to have this pseudo Tradition club. Makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agreed

Audi - "Oh yeah, we love showing off these older cars."

Audi owner - "So where can we get parts for those things?"

Audi - "Uh..."
Old 04-28-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Kinda sounds like your on a crusade.

I too would love to see Audi support at least the one car that did so much for their image makover, however, I wouldn't have expected them to support these things forever. I highly doubt you could walk into Chevy and get a Vega fender, or Ford for a Capri fuel tank, or Toyota for a Corona dash. It bites, but it just isn't the way it works. And, I personally, don't think the Audi heritage is hypocritcal at all, in fact I hope to one day visit the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt myself. Maybe I just have become used to it having spent most of my life around old airplanes, where it is soooo common to not be able to find parts. That's where you have to be able to adapt. Yes it makes it hard to have a perfectly correct car for concours events, but, it does not make it impossible to keep them going. Although mine is currently running low on plutonium. Seriously, I just wish the after market people were more on board with these things, but once again, it just boils down to numbers.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You can't even get a turn signal for a front euro bumper...

and those were on UrQ's, Coupe GT's, and Coupe Quattro's for the whole 10 years. Something as easy to reproduce as a blinker assy and nobody will touch them...
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I would expect them to support as long as they use the cars for their advertising purposes....

Yeah, a 200 or 90 or even an A4 is not an icon... so parts for those cars.. I can understand.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Those other makes have a key difference....

....aftermarket parts support for one. Audi refuses to allow any sort of licensing for some reproduction parts the last time I looked. Watercooled VW folks are running into the same problems, the aftermarket is slightly better for them however.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:34 AM

Default Re: I would expect them to support as long as they use the cars for their advertising purposes....

The problem is simple. It's called inventory tax. Believe me, it adds up in a hurry, and when the been counters look at the cost/benefit analysis, to them its not logical. I agree, I wish it were different too, but that is business today.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I would expect them to support as long as they use the cars for their advertising purposes....

What you say..

"I agree, I wish it were different too, but that is business today."

Makes sense.

But then, Mercedes and BMW seem to make some concession to supporting their older product. I wonder how there business model works, yet it doesn't seem to work for Audi?

Sure, I can understand Audi not wanting to support loads of FWD 5000's. But then, we don't see many of them in their current advertising either! :-)

But not supporting the urq?

The car that in some ways 'made' Audi, or at lest gave them a good push ahead?

The same car that is STILL in Audi advertising?
To me, not supporting that car in some manner is a bit hypocritical..

For example, see how many urq (or urq based) cars are in the clip "Truth in the Blacklist" at the link below..

Audi is *still* 'doing lunch' on the urq..!<ul><li><a href="http://www.truthinengineering.com/">http://www.truthinengineering.com/</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: 25 years Sport quattro / Technoclassica Essen 2008