Announcing the Rocky Mountain Quattro Celebration '08

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Announcing the Rocky Mountain Quattro Celebration '08

Reserve the weekend of August 9, 2008, as we're planning a big event celebrating 25 years of quattros and Sport quattros in North America. Full details have not yet been finalized, but here is what we have planned so far:

Saturday, August 9. Mountain drives, activities in and around Glenwood Springs followed by a banquet and socializing with special guest speakers (one lined up so far) significant in the development of the quattro in North America.

Sunday, August 10. Group drives and show and shine event, with possible track time, at the Aspen Racing and Sports Car Club track.

The date has been reserved at the track, which is now a private country club track in Woody Creek (Aspen), CO. Actual track time (with insurance, corner marshals, emergency staff, etc.) will depend upon interest, as it will add significantly to the rental fees. We would love to have this option available.

We are currently working on event sponsorship, possible Audi corporate support, as well as other possible events, such as a group drive up Pikes Peak in the days before, etc. In addition we are also looking into event swag, an official event photographer, printed goods, etc. Any and all help is welcome.

This has the potential to be a major event, and we would like to gage support from ur quattro and Sport Quattro owners. Glenwood Springs was chosen for the base location is it is a central with incredible scenic mountain roads, sporting activities (hiking, fishing, biking, whitewater rafting - you name it), etc. all within close proximity. Glenwood Springs also has the world renown hot springs and pool. We are currently working on reserving rooms and banquet facilities, in addition to the track which has been tentatively reserved. Once the block of rooms is secured, we will announce the exact hotel(s). The goal is to offer basic, but nice, up to luxury accommodations.

Our goal is to make this an affordable, family friendly, national, and possibly international event. Considering the strength of the Euro these days, perhaps we may even get some Europeans attendees. To that end, we are also looking to announce this in the UK and German quattro forums. Do note that this is intended to be an ur quattro/Sport Quattro event.

More information will be posted on the quattro forums and mailing lists as it becomes available as well as on the up coming event website.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Announcing the Rocky Mountain Quattro Celebration '08

Will there be Urq spare parts available at the event in case of mechanical problems?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In case? More like when.

There are a couple of local shops, and the local owners who have their private stocks of spares, but we haven't discussed a "sag wagon" or other options. Got AAA?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Two words...

Wooooo Hooooooo ;o]
Old 03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

is this a Ur-quattro/Sport quattro exclusive event, or are other quattros welcome?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Guys - these cars are made for highway flying. I drove my car to Connecticut from Denver ....

for UPG 05 with not a single issue - 4500 miles in 6 days. Dennis picked up a new-to him '83 in Vermont that weekend and drove it back. These cars often have niggling issues that keep them from running 100% - but _IME_ they _rarely_ have issues that strand. Make the drive - it will be worth it. Just do a little PM before the trip - between this list and Audifans hopefully you can find somebody (or somebodies) to caravan with and or figure out a good PM checklist and back-up parts list.

Hope to see you here in CO

Brandon
'84 ur quattro 20Vt
Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds good... if Mike H and Craig C are going then count me in as well..
Old 04-01-2008, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can bring a boot full..
Old 04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

thats close. I'll need to start checking my calender
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Count me as well... Maybe my friend will join us too... We will be driving from Chicago :)

Anyone coming from East coast? We can drive together...

Quick Reply: Announcing the Rocky Mountain Quattro Celebration '08