NLA Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NLA Parts List

So if one were to begin collecting some of these NLA or soon-to-be-NLA parts, which would be some of the critical parts to keep on the shelf ... just in case. Of those, which as still available from the dealer? I just purchased an 85 UrQ with low-miles that will be driven about 2500 miles per year. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default if everyone starts making their private parts warehouse - then the NLA will get more out of hand.

THe NLA situation is self perpetuating - resulting in something like the collapse of a giant star with the resulting black hole.

Not that I don't have my own little parts stash. I joined the party to late to have important parts.

But urq parts are probably being purchased from the remaining dealer supply on desperation/fear. Yea - buying driven by FEAR. It's pretty ineffieient.
Our poor urq.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yep.. no other choice.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I bet very few people are "stocking up".

IMO, some of the most important restoration parts are already NLA, like window and door seals, window regulators, interior trim parts, engine components, early brake components (ANY), etc. I've tried to scavenge a lot of the NLA trim stuff from CGTs, but finding anything good on one of those is getting more and more difficult. I am still searching for one new or good used outer door seal.

Personally, everything on my car will be new or rebuilt, so it should be a long time before I need anything, unless I bend it (God forbid). Considering how many of the new parts that I purchased over the years are now NLA, I am convinced that it would be virtually impossible to restore a rough car to like new original condition.

Having extra parking brake cables, suspension bushings, headlight lenses (if you have Euro lights), accelerator cable bushings (those stupid rubber donuts that fail at the worst possible times), ball joints and maybe your favorite strut inserts wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Survival of the fittest..
Old 11-20-2006, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sell a urq get a 944 turbo?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I bet very few people are "stocking up". It is expensive enough just to keep one going.

Exactly which outer door seal are you referring to, I have a few CGT doors laying around.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Can someone forward me an exact list of critical NLA parts? I can contact my Audi connection.

Best if in either word or excel, but a plain list will work.

I'll do my best.

Carter
Old 11-20-2006, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Let me re-phrase this ....

I'm new to Audi, so I'm on a steep-learning curve here and appreciate all the input. I guess my primary concern is whether there is that one (or more) part that "always fails at 100,000 miles" or whatever. And is that part(s) NLA? You know what I mean?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Let me re-phrase this ....

Well if you are talking about things like rubber brake hoses, windscreens, windscreen seals (assuming the windscreen were available, which they aren't). Early style ball joints, sway bar bushings etc, etc. These are all NLA and you are basically SOL unless you upgrade to a later part(s) or go aftermarket/used. And they will soon be NLA too. Bloody unbelieveable, given the supposed impact of quattro on Audi!

And don't get me started on interior/exterior trim....

FUTA, cheers, Mike

Quick Reply: NLA Parts List